Chapter 8

This is dedicated to all my fans. Thank you for your support and comments ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------►

It was dark and eerily silent. The only light that shone was from the red moon that hung like a bad omen, bathing the once beautiful meadow in red light, giving an ominous impression of an impending doom. The moon was so big, it felt like you could reach up and touch it, it filled the sky, blocking out the blackness of space, not even the stars dared to shine through the eerie red glow of the moon.

It was cold, but I couldn’t feel it. The rush of the adrenaline was keeping me warm, and my body was in constant movement. I had to be somewhere and time was running out, but I didn’t know where to go.

I could feel them getting closer.

The air was leaving my lungs like a gust of wind. I breathed in, trying to fill it but there never seemed to be enough oxygen to fill it. I have to keep moving, I have to get there.

Everything was quiet, except for my ragged breathing and the pounding of my feet against the cold damp ground.

I could hear them, in the distance, slowly getting closer. Shouting, calling my name.

“Emmaline, where are you Emmaline?”

“I’m right here where are you? I’m coming.”

“Emmaline, where are you?”

“I’m here, I’m coming. Hold on.”

“Emmaline…”

Running faster, I need to get there, time is running out. I started to feel the stitch in my side, not enough air. My heart beat grew louder, until it was the only sound filling my ears.

“Aaarrrrhhhhh………”

Gasp!!!

I sat bolt upright gasping for air and drenched in sweat. I looked around the empty room, like I would find someone hiding in a corner watching me like a science experiment. It was always the same dream, the same feeling of impending doom. The same woman screaming that woke me up in the end.

I laid myself back down on the bed, just staring at the ceiling getting my breathing under control.

Turning my head I looked out the window, I woke before sunrise and decided to do a little work out. I haven’t excised in a while and my muscles were a little stiff. My brother left for his room sometime after I fell asleep.