The Boy Named Patrick

•••TRIGGER WARNING•••

"...and then I ended up here", I finished, Patrick looked at me in shock. Is it really all that shocking? It's just another cliché getaway.

"Well....the right way to handle this is to inform the police..."

My heart stopped.

"But...you're almost an adult I guess. I'll let this one slide. Plus...you don't really have a family, based on the story you just told me, you're lucky to have gotten out if that house before they hurt you."

Well, I haven't told Patrick about the whole abusing thing...because then I would know for a fact he would contact the police.

I nodded. "..uh...Patrick? How old are you?"

He smirked. "22, I still live with my parents though"

"That's okay" I said quietly.

We looked at each other in silence for a few seconds.

"Well...thanks for letting me vent. It was nice meeting you...", I quickly said. I was about to walk away but he gently grabbed my arm,

"Hey...you don't think I'm just going to leave you alone right? Plus....I have nowhere to go. Might as well just tag along with you, or wait for Justin to grow up."

"Don't you have a phone? Just call your parents....I have a phone if you dont."

"You're right. I do have a phone. My parents are away for the week. Or maybe I'm lying and I just want to hang out with you", He smiled.

I raised my eyebrow as he giggled, "I'm kidding, I honestly can't call anyone for a ride, and I really want to just, hang out with you"

I thought about it for a second. I'm a little lonely but at least I have Abbie. Right? Whatever.

"Uh, okay....Patrick. I really have nothing planned for today."

"So you're just going to sit in your room and do nothing?"

I slowly nodded. "What else am I supposed to do?"

He shrugged, "hang out with me?"

I looked down for a second. "Patrick, the place that I'm staying in is really shitty"

"I know, I've stayed there once before. The longest I could take in there was like, three hours. The couple who own the place are crazy."

"Yeah...I know. I tried sleeping and they kept screaming."

"You should probably stay somewhere else...."

I shook my head. "I don't have to pay so I'm staying no matter what."

Patrick made a face and pointed at the motel, "Then let's go to the motel"

"Okay...."

Patrick took the bags from me and we both walked to the motel. When we walked in Abbies eyes lit up.

"Patrick!"

She got up from the desk and hugged him. "Hey Abbie, how's life treating ya?"

"Like shit. But I'm glad to see you! And welcome back Mabel!"

I flashed a fake smile. I was about to take my bags and go upstairs but there was two people coming downstairs. My heart was pounding.

With an educated guess, from the yelling and screaming I hear, it was probably Ben and Tammi.

They both came in our personal space immediately. Tammi had long black hair with blue eyes while Ben had shaggy Brown hair with brown eyes.

They were screaming over something about a kid...but all I knew is that they were right in the middle of the room. It took them I while to actually notice there surroundings.