Chapter 12

The woman in the red dress was clearly molesting Jack. He was trying to push her away without hurting her, but she clung to his mouth like a vacuum cleaner. This is not the time to be a gentleman Jack.

"Get off him!" shouted Brielle, pulling the woman by her shoulders. She didn't have any qualms about hurting her. Brielle successfully managed to yank the woman from over the table, away from Jack. They both landed on the floor, the woman knocking Brielle to the ground. Just then, security arrived and pulled them apart. 

Jack was standing still, shock and astonishment evident on his face. He had never in his life thought someone would assault him in this way. Jack's entire mouth and sides was covered in a sickly red lipstick, his t-shirt crumpled and torn at the neck.

"Naomi what the hell is wrong with you?" said Jack, finally finding his voice. Brielle was surprised he wasn't angry.

"I love you Jack!" screamed the woman as she struggled against the man from security holding her wrists. "I kissed you. Marry me!"

Penny, Mimi and the other waiters had arrived and were all looking on. The customers had stopped eating to look at the scene. Some even tried to take photographs, but stopped when Jack glared at them. Messing with a tycoon like him was akin to digging your own grave.

"Thank goodness kissing does not compel a lifetime commitment such as marriage." said Jack coldly. He caught a glimpse of himself on the silveware and shuddered. "We broke up years ago Naomi. In fact you broke up with me. You can't just come back and expect me to love you back."

"But you said you wanted me, six years ago." whimpered Naomi, tears falling down her cheeks, blurring her mascara. Brielle felt sorry for her.

"I did then, but when I saw you cheating on me with the man I thought was my friend, it was too much." said Jack harshly, looking at Naomi straight in the eye. "You told me you never loved me and that it was always him. Probably because back then, I wasn't as rich as him, I suppose."

"It was never about the money!" said Naomi sobbing loudly. "I pleaded with you to meet me because I wanted us to start over."

"It was always the money, Naomi. It's the same with Claire." said Jack shaking his head. "I keep making the same mistakes. But not anymore. I'm not marrying you."

"Listen to me Jack. You have less than a month left to get married." hissed Naomi her tears drying up. Her pitiable face turned into a sneering one. "You need to find someone fast. I'm the perfect wife for you. I'm well bred and classy, of your standard if not better. Dad's business merged with yours will be the best in the world. Just think about it."

Brielle gasped. She looked at Naomi, disliking her more every minute. Was marriage all about monetary gain? What about love and not being able to live without one another?

"No." said Jack, wiping the lipstick on his face with a tissue. "I'll find someone to marry. But its not you."

"You do know the clause to the agreement right?" said Naomi cackling loudly. "You can't divorce whoever you marry. Ever. If you do it you lose everything."

"I know full well." said Jack gruffly. "I don't intend to be part of a fickle marriage anyway. I'll marry someone I want to grow old with. You, however are someone I never want to see again."

Naomi stomped her foot angrily. "You Jack-ass."

"Touche" said Jack. " Take her outside.I'm sick of this drama."

"Sir, won't you press charges?" asked the head of security.

"No." said Jack giving a wry smile. "Its just a waste of money. I'd rather invest in a body-guard. She brought me to my senses. I'd forgotten about the bloody contract."

The other employees returned to work and the scene was quickly dissolved. Brielle turned to leave, but Jack caught her wrist, in time to stop her.

"Hey, you okay?" she asked smiling weakly.

"Help me get this stuff off." said Jack slumping down on a chair and handing Brielle a issue. Brielle suppressed a giggle as she took it from him.

"I signed the damn thing when I was eighteen." said Jack as Brielle wiped off the lipstick on his face. "I was loaned some money by a distant uncle under the condition I would get married by the time I was 25 and never divorce. "

"Uncle?" repeated Brielle, dipping the tissue in water to help clean faster.

"Yes. He had deep rivalry with Dad's business. He wanted to see me fail. I signed whatever he asked, to get the loan. I don't think he ever suspected the company would survive, hence the rest of the contract be rendered null and void. But I saved the company, thus ruining my life. I don't regret it though. I have over 15000 employees depending on me."

"Your life is not ruined." said Brielle sagely. "You know, you can fall in love anytime. Its not about how long you've known a person, its about how long you can't stay apart."

"Do you speak from experience?" asked Jack sarcastically. For some reason he had never liked that blonde, in his own words, sissy, of a boyfriend of hers.

"Yes." said Brielle oblivious to his tone. She bent down to scrutinize his face, her hair gently tickling his skin. Her eyes met his own as he drank in her sweet smell. "My mom and dad met on a train one day. They fell in love within a few hours and exchanged phone numbers. Jack, they had their wedding at the end of the very month they met. I was born soon after. They were married for seventeen years before they passed away."

Jack noticed her eyes brim with tears, as she bravely tried to blink them away.

"I'm sorry." he said softly, as she shook her head.

"Its alright." she gave him a bright smile. "You'll be fine. Don't worry."

Brielle hadn't noticed, but her phone had been ringing. So the call went straight to voice mail.

Jack and Brielle both were surprised when they heard Amanda's voice come out from her pocket. It was only loud enough for them to hear it clearly.

"Brielle! I found the perfect lingerie! Zachary will be drooling all over you tonight. Your first night will be perfect. He won't be able to keep his hands off you.Call me when you are free. Bye." came her chirpy voice. Brielle looked at Jack's face, to see his expression. His dark eyes looked shocked, but his stony expression gave nothing away.

Why do I feel so guilty? thought Brielle.