Chapter 4: Secrets and Hugs

||Holton||
I woke up to the sound of the neighbors dogs. This was around quarter past one in the morning. I got out of bed and walked to my bedroom door. I opened it and walking into the hall where I continued my journey to the bathroom.

I walked in to see my medicine cabinet open and a frantic looking Chet. "Chet what are you doing?" I asked as I looked between him and my medicine cabinet. "You have anxiety a-and depression?" He asked as he looked at me with his pretty grey eyes.

"You went through my stuff?" I asked, trying to keep myself quiet. "I was looking for dental floss and I just...it doesn't matter how I came to be in your business." He said as he closed the door to the cabinet.

"It does matter, that's my personal stuff and you just go through it and it's not a big deal. What the fuck Chet?" I said trying to keep my anger on a low level. I turned my back to him and ran my hands over my face then through my hair.

What's he going to think of me now?

I took in a breath to prevent an anxiety attack from taking me right there. I turned to him to see tears in his eyes now. "Y-you cut y-yours-s-self..." He said, his voice cracking the whole way through.

"What?" I asked, playing dumb. He walked to me and I panicked. I backed away from him but he got me eventually. At this point I saw no reason to fight him. He pulled up my sleeve and revealed my arm.

It was full of cuts and red marks. He traced them with a shaky finger before looking up at me with a tear running down his cheek. I didn't know what to say or do so I just, shrugged. His face fell further at that movement making mine fall as well.

Then out of nowhere he had his arms wrapped around my waist tightly. He was hugging me. He of all the people I knew we hugging me. ME!!!

I slowly wrapped my arms around his shoulders, hugging back. I pulled him closer to me which made him cuddle into my chest. "Please never do it again." He mumbled. "What?" I asked. "Don't cut yourself anymore...please." He said as he pulled away from me.

"Chet, it's not something I can just, stop doing." I said. "Yes it is, I stopped." He said. I was shocked by that, really shocked. I wouldn't expect someone with his personality to even look at something sharp and think self-harm.

"You cut yourself?" I asked. "A long time ago, yea." He answered. By this time we weren't hugging anymore. "What made you stop?" I asked as I sat down on the floor. I tapped the space next to me and he sat down.

"I almost died." He said. "There was this one day, I lost a lot of blood and decided to go out later and when I was driving I just. Passed out. I nearly killed two little girls, a pregnant woman, a father...and myself." He explained.

"I don't want the same to happen to you." He added. "Why?" I asked. "I don't know if you remember but we used to live next door to each other, it was way before we were in the same school. We used to be friends, really good ones. Then you moved houses and we never saw each other. I know it may not seem like it but I really care about you. I know who you really are, I knew who you really were before all this mess." He said.

"What mess?" I questioned. "The whole bad boy thing, sleeping with people for the sport, not doing any work for kicks, obnoxiously flirting with me for my virginity. Before all of that you were the sweetest boy I'd ever met." He said as he ran his hand through his hair.

"When I saw you at school on the first day I tried to talk to you but you just blew me off to hang out with Matthew and Conner." He mumbled. I felt bad, I mean at some point in my life Chet Brineston actually liked me. Then I went and screwed it up.

"I'm really sorry Chet." I said. "I guess I didn't remember you because I got into a accident on moving day." I said. "What accident?" I asked. "We were in the truck going up a hill, guess the load wasn't packed nicely so the back of the truck just tipped over making my dad and I go tumbling down the hill. Fortunately I survived and only got a broken arm and fractured ankle with a few cuts and bruises. But I suffered from short term memory loss." I explained.

"Guess I couldn't get much of my memory back." I said. "I forgot about a lot of things and people." I added. He nodded before leaning on my shoulder. "Could we be friends again, I really miss you." He said lowly.

I smiled at that.

"Sure." I said. "Will you flirt with me still?" He asked. "Most probably, yes." I answered. "Perfect." He said as his head slowly made its way underneath my arm. Then I heard his cute soft snoring.

I smiled at him before getting up and picking him up. I walked us back to my room and laid him in my bed before getting in after him. Once I did he cuddled into my chest making me chuckle at him.

Maybe it takes more than just looks and traits to get to him.
~~~~
A/N
Meh...
Bii!
Do of the vote, comment, share and follow
Stay of the lubricated
Don't eat people my Pandas!
Liebe dich! Auf Wiedersehen! Tschüss!
(Love you! Bye! Chow!)
\(#^3^#)\  /(#^w^#)/