Chapter Eighteen

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*
*Present day*

It's been a week since I had that dream or memory, whatever you want to call it. Lynn hasn't said anything since. Ashton finally took me home, and I still can't walk. At this point in time it's pretty much permanent. Ashton said that maybe with physical therapy I'll get better but I don't know anymore.

I told him I'd try it out to make him feel better. So I'm now on the couch waiting for the physical therapist to show up. His name is Damian I think or Hunter, can't fully remember Ashton told me when I was half asleep then left to work with his father today.

I heard the doorbell ring and grabbed my crutches. I opened the door and let the therapist in. "Hello Luna, I'm John" oh wow I was way off. I swore I heard Ashton say Damian or something like that.

"Nice to meet you"

"Alright lets get to the living room shall we" we walked over and I sat down on the couch as John started to instruct me to do something.

*One hour later*

"Very good. Alright one more time and we'll be done" I nodded then bent my knee again. It was hard to do but I found out I can still kind of move my leg. My toes not so much. John told me that the nerves were damaged and if I work on them they will heal faster.

I won't fully be the same but I'll be able to walk again some day. He said that maybe in a year or so. "You did great today. I'll see you in a couple of days. Keep working" we said our goodbyes then he was gone.

He was really nice and supportive, I'll have to thank Ashton for making me take physical therapy. I spent a couple hours lying down, and bending my knee every once in awhile being since I couldn't do it very much.

Then I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to get up. I grabbed my crutches and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed myself somethings so I could prepare dinner.
I had a couple of things in my hands then I realized, how am I going to use my crutches? Crap. I dropped them making them crash to the floor and tried to hop over to the counter.

Here's the thing, I couldn't move my leg at all so it's not like I had it bent up like you do when hopping on one foot, no it was dragging behind me and well it got caught on my crutch, and I fell to the floor dropping everything in my arms as well. Why am I such an idiot? "Annabelle?" I heard a voice I haven't heard in awhile call out.

"I'm in the kitchen Eliza" I answered back and then I saw Eliza, Damian, Ethan, and Hunter. Oh great all of my future in laws are here, well sibling wise.

"Oh my goodness! Annabelle! What happened? Are you alright? Do you want me to get Ashton? Ethan, Damian go get Ashton, now" Eliza said in one breath.

"Eliza I'm fine! I just triple over my crutch. It doesn't hurt. I can't feel it" I laughed and she rolled her eyes. Ethan and Damian helped me up and got me to the couch in the living room.

"What were you doing up? Aren't you supposed to be resting?" Eliza scolded me

"Do you know how painful it is to not get up and move? I just want to slam my head against the table or something, it's so frustrating"

"I'm sorry but you have to" Damian said "Ashton said so, the doctor said so, and your physical therapist said so"

"Alright fine, what are you all doing here?" I finally asked