Chapter Twenty-four

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

"Oh my god! We're going to be sisters in less then a week!" Eliza squealed as we were going over the wedding plans again. I grabbed my crutches and went into the kitchen to grab a jar of food for Jared. I walked back in and saw Eliza holding him again.

"Eliza, it's his nap time"

"The timer went off, it's feeding time now. Can I give him his food?"

"You can try, he's picking about who gets to feed him" I said handing her the bottle. We both sat on the couch and Eliza looked at my crutches. 

"So it's been a year. You still can't walk?" I shook my head. "Jared will be able to walk down the isle, right?"

"Hopefully, sometimes he refuses to" I said playfully glaring at him making him giggle. He's now nine months old. "I can't believe the wedding kept getting pushed back"

"I know right, I feel like we've been waiting forever for this wedding" Eliza said and then Ashton walked into the house. 

"Hey, what's up?"

"Babe, why are you bleeding?" I asked and he looked down at his shirt then back at me and shrugged.

"I just came back from a sparing match with Lucas. Got me pretty good. Don't worry it's healing, see" he lifted his shirt and I saw the wound was closing.

"Gross, I didn't need to see my brother lift his shirt today" Eliza said and then turned back to Jared. Both Ashton and I laughed at her and then he gave me a kiss on my temple. "Shoot, I have to get going, I'll see you guys later" Ashton took Jared's spoon from her and sat down next to me and started feeding Jared who sat patiently in his chair.

"How's daddy's favorite little man?" Ashton asked and Jared smiled, some food slipping down his face from the corner of his mouth. "How was your day?" Ashton asked as he looked at what was on the coffee table.

"It was good, Eliza helped me fix a couple things, and I had physical therapy today"

"How'd that go? Does he thing that you'll be able to move your leg soon?"

"Ashton, I'm not going to. Not ever. I think I should just stop the physical therapy. What's the point, I already know what exercises to do if it hurts but I'm never going to walk again"

"Do you really want to stop the physical therapy?" I nodded and he sighed "Alright, I'll let John know" 

"Thank you" 

"Of course" I smiled and looked at the wedding planner again. I sighed and pushed the tears that were forming in my eyes back. "Wishing your parents could walk you down the isle?" Ashton asked after a second

"Yeah, but I'm happy I get two of my brothers to walk me"

"I can't to see you in your dress, you sure I have to wait?"

"Yes, it's bad luck if you see it before the wedding" I said making him pout. I closed the planner, lied back and closed my eyes. "I'm so tired" I yawned.

"I got the little guy. Go on up to bed early"

"Thanks, there are leftovers in the fridge. Oh and don't forget to give Jared his stuffed lion or he won't be able to sleep and no one will be able to sleep withing a mile radius" I reminded Ashton and he nodded. I kissed him and then grabbed my crutches and went to our room, I still hate having to have crutches. It's something I'll never get use to.

I lied down in bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. 

.       .      .