Everything Has Changed (Austin Mahone Fan Fiction)

Prologue.

-Celeste's Point Of View-

I remember the first day of school. The first day of high school to be exact.

Everything here was different. I recognized some faces from previous school years, and seeing some of the people in town.

I stood along with some of my friends; most of us comparing schedules and making sure we knew were to go. I didn't contribute much to the conversation, I guess you could say I was the quietest one of our group. I just stood there and played with my purple bracelet.

Different groups of people walked by us and I remember most of them from some point of my life.

The trouble makers. I remember hanging out with them most of my sixth grade year and some of my seventh grade year. I thought they were my friends, but they weren't. They would get in trouble with the law, and that's something I didn't need anymore. I'd had enough of that already, and didn't need anymore.

The football players. I didn't care much for them. I'd never gone to their football games, but it didn't matter to me. I wasn't to fond of them anyways. I didn't know most of them either, and I didn't want to.

The "ratchet" girls, as I called them. I'd been friends with them my entire elementary and most of middle school life. Most of them had turned to drugs, alcohol, and some of them ended up pregnant at a young age. I wasn't best friends with them, but I didn't just know them. I'd been apart of their group, but refrained from doing the things they did.

"Cel! Cel! Earth to Celeste!" Eve, a close friend from elementary school, waved her hand in front of my face trying to get my attention.

"What?" I asked, everyone else was also looking at me, "Did I miss something."

"We wanted to see your schedule." She said slowly, trying to explain what had happened to me.

"Sorry, I zoned out. Here," I handed Eve my paper and everyone else crowded around her, comparing mine to theirs.

The clock on the wall read 8:40. School started at 8:49, so the bell would ring any second now.

"Here," Eve handed me my schedule, "We have first period together--World Geography."

Everyone else either told me we had classes together, lunch together, or nothing together.

The bell rung and students scattered away with their cliques, boyfriends and girlfriends, or alone. I said goodbye to everyone else and walked next to Eve towards the History and World Geography hallway.

"So, who else from Ridge is here?" I asked referring to the kids that went to the other middle school.

Our town had three middle schools. Two of the middle schools had their own high school, and one of them split their kids up and sent them to either high school. Half of Ridge's population had gone to the other high school, while the other half and here.

"Well," She begin as we turned into the hallway, "Ana, Steph, Jimmy," She continued naming kids I recognized and some I didn't, "And did you know Austin's back?" She asked.

Austin

"Austin?" I asked, choking on my own words, "Like Austin Mahone? Austin? Mahone?" I asked.

"Yeah! He moved back from Miami before the end of eight grade year!" She said enthusiastically.

"Oh," Is all I managed to say.

We got to the classroom at the end of the hallway in silence. Not many people had gotten here, and the teacher was outside greeting students.

I sat down in the back as usual, and waited for class to begin before zoning out.

Austin Mahone

I wasn't expecting this to happen. I never thought about him coming back.

Austin and I had become friends back in third grade. It had been his first year in this new school district, and it had been my second year here. We spent the next two years in the same classes and we just immediately became friends. We did a lot of things together, just like best friends would.

The last day of fifth grade I didn't expect anything to change. The moment I walked out of the front entrance I didn't expect us to drift apart the way we did.

Everything changed.

We got split up when it came to going to middle school, he went to one and I went to another. We promised to stay in touch, and it would be hard-- we lived in the same town. But no, that wasn't the case. We both went our separate ways, and didn't bother to stay in touch.

I didn't blame him. I blamed myself. I always let people leave my life. Friends I should have kept close left because I didn't appreciate them when I had them. I remember wondering what life would be like if we stayed in touch.

But that obviously didn't happen.

Classes seemed to go faster when I zoned out so that's what I did. It was lunch time and I was freaking out. I didn't have any classes with Austin so far, and I was grateful. He probably didn't remember me.

I wanted our friendship back, I wanted it back more than anything, but a part of me wanted to just move on. If we made no effort to communicate before, why would we all of a sudden communicate now?

People change all the time, and things happen for a reason. Maybe it was faith's way of saying we weren't meant to be best friends.

The day went by faster than I expected, and I guess I was lucky since I didn't have any classes with him.

All throughout the school year I had a various opportunities to talk to him, but I talked myself out of it. I remember my breathing getting uneven, shaking uncontrollably, and having difficulty to speak whenever I tried to talk to him.

We avoided each other all the time, and whenever any of us made eye contact we looked away quickly.

The next three years went by in a blur. I enjoyed them, and made the grades I needed to make to get where I wanted to be. Everything was going great until Senior year, where everything completely changed.

-Author's Note-

Next chapter is senior year, so yeah.

Please vote, comment, follow, and favorite.