Chapter 7

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

The saying 'Time flies' couldn't have been more true. It'd been over a month since I'd joined Walker & Co and started working as Dean's personal secretary, it seemed like it was yesterday that I started working here as I remembered how nervous I was on my first day.

In this period of time I'd gotten used my work style and it was safe to say that I liked my job, though working style wasn't the only reason for it, of course not, it was just a minor one. What I like more was that I'd been spending more time with Dean. He took me to each and every meeting, let them be short or long ones, let them be in the conference hall or at hotels, he took me. We had grown quite close to each other professionally, but I'd also gotten a glimpse of the non-professional Dean.

And I liked non-professional Dean better. Recently, he would pop up in my mind at any time of the day and even in my dreams, and I think I've started liking him... Okay, I admit that I liked him. How could I not? He was the sweetest and the most caring person I ever met in my life. It's impossible to not like him.

I was fully aware that I was his employee but the feeling I felt when I was with him and when he kissed me sometimes, it was something I'd never felt before. Every time I told myself it's just an attraction, and it's harmless flirting, but after analyzing and debating with myself for days together I found that I really liked him.

But I never gave him any clue about it, though. I was afraid of his reaction. I didn't know what he would say nor knew what he felt towards me, so I decided it was better to keep it to myself.

What if he said he doesn't like me or he doesn't like to have any sort of relationship with his employees. Or worse, what if he said he doesn't do relationships. I'd heard from the gossips around the office and Sam that he was never into relationship, and that he was a womanizer before he threw himself into the work and became a workaholic.

I'd even googled him to know about his past. But all I got was that he was a very cold person and there was almost next to nothing about his personal life which got me curious to get to know him.

On some pages it was also written that it'd been a very long time, a year and a half, almost two since he'd had any woman by his side. I was surprised when I read it because there was a long list of women who he dated which never lasted for more than a week.

I read some of his interviews in which he never revealed anything about his personal life, it was just business, business and only business.

Reading that he was one among the top fifteen billionaires in the country, and his company in the list of top five fastest growing companies, not to forget he had started his company just four years ago was overly impressive. Not only in the business field, but also he was considered to be one among handsome and hot looking men under thirty.

When I'd scrolled through the images section he was on the cover page of few magazines.

Only one word had come out of my mouth after reading so many things about him—Wow.

But coming back to the topic, I didn't want my heart to break. I was a naive young lady without much knowledge about love and who was afraid to get her heart broken by such a man, that's why I knew from now on I would try not to wear my heart on my sleeve. My mom always said I was an open book and everyone could read my feelings easily.