♚48. HER

"A memory is a beautiful thing, it's almost a desire that you miss

"A memory is a beautiful thing, it's almost a desire that you miss." —Gustave Flaubert

J o r d y n T a m e

Dull green eyes.

Messy brown hair.

Chapped lips.

WHEN I LOOKED in the mirror, I no longer recognized myself. I no longer saw the vibrant girl who was ready to save the citizens of this world. I just saw a physical being.

I played with the silver necklace in my hand, and I fiddled with the ring on my finger. I had been doing so for hours at a time.

It was as if I was stuck in a trance that I could not get out of.

It had been a day since Lexis' death. Jezirae was apparently planning a tribute to our Alpha with the help of the pack. The cries of many members that fatal night still haunted my mind.

   The warriors had been guarding the aircraft nonstop and some even went out hunting for the group of wolves who had given our Alpha his final day.

  The first thing I had done when my mate was pronounced dead was change the sheets for they smelled like him and I could not bear it. I could not bear the reminder of his absence.

A knock was heard from my door and I kept quiet hoping whoever it was would go away.

"Jordyn?" Able's voice could be heard from outside. "Please, open the door. We really need to talk."

Silence.

  The knocking continued and I let out an exasperated breath before walking over to the door and unlocking it. I opened the door revealing the hopeful eyes of Able.

"What?" I ask him.

He looks past me into the room. "Are you not going to let me inside? How rude..." He teases before laughing at himself.

  I give him a blank look before stepping from the doorway to allow him inside. I closed the door behind him before sitting on the corner of the bed a few feet from Able.

"I really felt the need to tell you something...I really need to get it off my chest." He admits.

I glare at him hard waiting for him to say his peace.

"With the recent circumstances...I feel that this needs to be said." He trails off. "Do you remember that text you got a few weeks ago from an unknown number? The text told you that someone knew what you and Lexis were to each other..."