Chapter 13: Peter's mayhem

Zea’s POV

I put my duffel bag down on my cod and dropped the laptop down on the desk under the windowsill.

Finally, we were on our way.

I sighed and stretched putting my hands high in the air. I smiled; I could just brush the ceiling with my fingertips.

My quarters were bigger than that of the others, but still the cabins were tiny.

Both Kieran and I were located directly adjacent to the helm.

I heard him shuffling in his room. Actually, making quite a lot of noise. What was he doing?

Somebody knocked on the door. I opened the door, seeing Anastasia standing in the hallway with a worried look on her face.

“We need to talk.” She said pushing me back in the room.

“What is wrong?” I asked her.

She sat down on the bed and crossed her legs. “He is here.”

“Who?” I asked confused.

“Peter”

“How can that be? There were guards everywhere!” I exclaimed.

She shrugged.

“He might be more skilful than we thought. I am beginning to suspect that his clumsiness was all an act.” She added bitterly.

“I’ll contact security.” I said and walked over to the desk trying the new communication device that allowed us to contact each other across the ships.

“Kieran? Are you there?”

I heard a bump next door and some shuffling.

“Zea, is that you?” I heard him yell through the wall.

I rolled my eyes. He has always been a moron with tech stuff.

“Yes, try to push the button and then speak.” I told him.

“Yeah Zea, I got it. I am coming over.” He said amused through the device

He poked his head around the door and walked in with his hands behind his back.

“Is something wrong, your majesty?” He asked politely, looking at the floor and avoiding my gaze.

“This is Anastasia…she is my…yes, well, my main blood source.”

Anastasia grinned and lifted her hair, showing two small puncture marks.

Kieran stared at her neck and then at me and then back at Anastasia again. A smile slowly formed on his lips.

I rolled my eyes. Men…

“In exchange for her blood I have offered my protection to her. She is the heir of the Mezdor throne, although she refuses the title.  Even since she killed her father, her people have been trying to force her to acknowledge her throne. She decided to flee and stay with us after discovering that even her uh…”

I glanced over at Anastasia

“Her partner in the private investigation company, which she ran until a few weeks ago, Peter, was not who he says he was. ”

Anastasia looked down at the floor, deep in thought.

“Anastasia thinks that Peter is on the ship.”

Kieran turned to Anastasia. “Why? Did you see him?”

She shook her head. “No, I smelt him. Outside my cabin.”