Chapter 28: Union and Reunion

Warning! Mature content, yes well...through the entire chapter. lol

Anastasia’s POV

Peter unrolled himself off of me, grimacing as he stretched his back. We sat among the remains of the mosquito, dizzy and I was trying to regain my hearing.  I hoped that the noise of the impact hadn’t shattered my eardrums.

The beep in my ear slowly lowered to a slight hum and I could hear what Peter had been trying to tell me for the past ten minutes.

“Anna-pooh? Are you okay? Say something….Pooh?”

“Pooh? You are seriously calling me Pooh?” I asked him disbelievingly.

He smiled. “You had Pooh’s expression. Slightly bewildered.”

“Well excuse me for being a bit off centre after our crash.” I snapped.

His grin widened and he hugged me.

“Ah, don’t be upset Pooh-bear. We survived and we are both in one piece. You should be happy.”

I dusted off my dress and nodded. “You’re right. I was just scared to hell when the mosquito broke in a million pieces around us. You could have been hurt.”

“That wouldn’t have been a problem. I reassemble easily.”

I stared at him. “What?”

 “When something is cut off of my body, such as an arm or a leg, it finds its way back to me.”

Not fully understanding I asked again, “What do you mean?”

“The thing you see in horror movies…the hand crawling back to the arm from which it was severed? That is exactly what happens to me. “

I glared at him.

He nodded and smiled. “Cool, huh?”

I glared at him.

He threw his hands in the air and laughed. “I am not joking.”

I stood up and stomped of.

“Where are you going?” He yelled

“In search of Zea and Kieran. They, at the moment, sound better company to me than the crazy demon.”

He laughed again and ran up to me.

“I am serious. Why don’t you believe me?”

I shook my head. “This is just one of your jokes. You are always making fun of me.”

He put his arm around my shoulders and kissed my cheek.

“You are so cute when you are angry! But I really was kidding.”

“Whatever…stop joking around and help me. Do you see a road or something? Or smell blueberries? I am starving. I haven’t eaten in weeks.”

Peter looked around and sniffed the air.

“Yes. A few miles to the right.”

I nodded and slipped my hand in his. He looked down and pulled up an eyebrow.

“Let’s not make a big deal out of this.” I whispered.

He leaned over and put a light kiss on my lips.  “Okay.”

He pulled me into the direction of the scent and after ten minutes we stumbled upon a dirt road leading us to a village.

We went on a rampage through the small settlement, unable to control our hunger; we killed every purple living being insight.