Ch.6 Electric power

Still in the ice cell, Garrison started to pace back and forth as he tried to think of how to escape.

"Wait a minute" he said with his eyes widen "Jack, are you able to use your telekinesis to like break the bars or something?"

"I tried that while you were still passed out" Jack said "It didn't work."

Garrison gave a sigh "So you don't have any other ideas?"

"Sorry" he said sadly.

Garrison gave another sigh as he slumped down on the ground.

"It's over" he sighed "We failed."

"Actually we may still have some hope" Jack put in.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I learned that if destroying the Living Stone, it'll take a massive amount of electricity in order to fully demolish it."

"So like that matrix reactor Tess and I found here?"

"What's that?"

"It's a generator that can create more electric power, even more than Tess's, but the last time we used it it broke."

"Then Zaydock could try to rebuild it, and that could mean we may have some time to find a way out of here."

"And how exactly are we suppose to do that?"

Just then they began to hear footsteps, they looked and saw Daktron heading down the hall when he stopped to pick up some ice chunks that fell on the ground.

"Look" Jack whispered as he pointed to Daktron.

"What?" Garrison whispered.

"On his belt."

Garrison saw that there was a key hanging off his belt. Jack then quickly used his power to lift the key off of the belt and brought it towards him.

"Nice" Garrison whispered as Daktron went away, not noticing the missing key.

"Good thing my powers still work" Jack whispered as he used the key to unlock the door and soon they were out.

"This way" Garrison whispered as they went down the hall.

They then came upon the room where they found the matrix reactor, but Zaydock was there fixing it. Garrison and Jack quickly hid behind an ice glacier and watched as Zaydock finished fixing the reactor.

"Finally" he said to himself "It's fixed. Now to turn it on."

He turned the machine on as they heard it power up. Zaydock then placed the Living Stone on the pole.

"And now" Zaydock said "Daktron!"

Daktron entered.

"Bring me Garrison" Zaydock said "I need his power."

Daktron nodded as he went away.

"I got an idea" Jack whispered "You distract Zaydock, while I get the crystal."

"What about the Mathiest crystal?" Garrison whispered.

"We can try to get it later, but the Living Stone is the most important one."

"Alright then."

Garrison then used his power to send a lightning bolt into a hall creating a loud crash.

"What in the world?" Zaydock said as he went to investigate.

At that point Jack use his power to lift up the crystal and bring it to him.

"Got it" he whispered "Let's go."

"What about the other crystal?" Garrison whispered.

"Like I said we'll try to look for it later, but I think it's best that we hide this crystal first so that Zaydock wont find it."

So while Zaydock is still away, they went out from the glacier and into the hall, only to bump into Daktron as they fell to the floor. They tried to back away from him when they soon bumped into something else, they looked up and saw that they had bumped into Zaydock.

"Trying to get away?" he said with a sneaky smile.

At that point Daktron pulled Jack up and held onto him as Zaydock pulled Garrison up. Daktron then pulled the Living Stone away from Jack and toss it to Zaydock who caught it.

"Now" Zaydock said as he pulled Garrison to the matrix reactor "I need your power."

"I'm not gonna use my power to destroy the crystal" Garrison frowned "No matter what you do, I wont help you."

"Well then" Zaydock frowned as he set the crystal down and pulled out the Mathiest crystal "I guess I'll just have to get rid of you first."

"I don't think so" Garrison scowled as he used his powers to blast Zaydock across the ground as Jack's eyes widen.

But Zaydock soon stood up and looked at Garrison with a mad look.

"You do realize you're not as powerful as me right?" he snarled.

Garrison realized that he was right, he can't take down Zaydock by himself. But he then looked at the matrix reactor, remembering that Tess used her power along with the machine's power to take down Zaydock, and now all he has to do is do it again.

"You afraid now aren't yah?" Zaydock smirked "Well there's nothing you do Garrison."

And with that he shot a bolt of his magic at Garrison who quickly used his power to make a shield in front of him protecting him from Zaydock's power. Zaydock continued to push his power to Garrison, but Garrison pushed back with his power, sending Zaydock to the ground. But he was able to get up, this time he was furious.

"That's it!" he yelled "I've had enough of this! It's time for you to die!"

He then sprinted towards Garrison, but Garrison quickly ran to the matrix reactor and grabbed hold of the electrolls just as Zaydock grabbed his shoulder. At that point Garrison sent his electric power through the machine as it started to shock Zaydock, both could feel their powers colliding as they yelled in pain. Garrison then felt himself get weak, but he needed to defeated Zaydock, so he thought about Tess, both the good and bad memories as he felt his power get stronger. He continued to think about her while increasing his power. Zaydock continued to yell until Garrison's power was able to blast him off as he fell onto the ground and turned into ashes. Jack stood there with shock as he turned to Garrison who was now limping. He did it, he defeated Zaydock.