Chapter 11

The mother Lyon shoved through the office door she was told she was not allowed in. "Half of this damn company is mine, don't tell me what to do."

Shutting the door behind her, Cookie scanned the room over. She was at first looking for Lucious but now she was more focused on taking in the luxury of the room. Leather couches, makore desk, ceiling-to-floor windows, a big screen TV, and a small bar to the right. Her fingers traced the edge of a desk. Spotless. Near the end of the desk she reached for a silver picture frame, a smile forming on her lips. It was a family picture of herself, Lucious, and her boys. Her heart eased up at the fact he kept it in his office. You did good, Lucious.

She headed towards his desk, excited to see what the frames on his desks were of. Bitter disappointment struck her though as she saw two different photos. One of Lucious with some Halle Berry looking bitch that Cookie assumed to be the reason for Lucious sending her divorce papers while she was in jail. The other was of some white chick cradling Hakeem in her arms while Jamal and Andre hugged her from behind. It looked like it was taken when the boy were still in their late childhoods.

"Well, if it isn't Ms. Cookie Lyon." Lucious smirked, his baritone voice enough to make Cookie quiver. She hadn't heard his voice in seventeen years. Seventeen long years. "And you still look as beautiful as ever."

There was no smile on Cookie's face when she looked up to meet Lucious' stare. She was pissed and annoyed and felt betrayed. She wanted to cuss at him for letting these women be around her kids. She wanted to call him a punk ass fat bitch for replacing her with lil miss booboo kitty. She wanted to do and say so much to the man now sitting on the leather couch with his legs crossed. But instead- she stayed focused on what she came here for.

"I'm glad you came to see me." Lucious continued. "I know I never came when you were in jail, but-"

"I didn't come here to see you." Cookie interrupted. "I came to get my half of the company, Lucious."

-------------------------------------------------------------