~I Won't Leave You...~~Laughing Jack x Child!Reader~

~Author's Note: ~I'm skipping a few words because the original intro is in the first oneshot, Your still eleven and living in the mansion, now let's start.~

You and your best friend Laughing Jack, had been playing games and having fun the whole day, but soon it was getting late. Jack was tucking you into bed and you both giggled about all the fun you had that day. But in just a few minutes, he was going to leave, you hated to see him leave, you always missed him, you cried sometimes because of it, but you knew it would just annoy him if you told him that.

After awhile, he stood up and walked to the door, when sadness came over you and tears streamed down your small (Skin tone) face. Jack had shut the (Favorite color) door when a sob escaped your mouth, at least, you thought he shut the door...

Your realized it didn't click, meaning it wasn't closed.

"H-He probably just left it open by accident..." You thought sadly. But soon your sadness turned into panic when you saw the door slowly reopen.

You quickly turned yourself away from the door, pretending to be asleep. But soon your sadness returned when the light from the door disappeared yet again, tears flooded once more, and another small cry left your mouth.

Your eyes went wide when you saw the door open once again, but this time, a tall shadow slowly walked forward. You heard the door shut this time, and footsteps slowly came closer.

"Kiddo..? Are you okay? Are you...crying?"

You heard Jack's voice quietly speak with a worried tone to it, you could feel he was right next to you now, but you still felt sad knowing he was going to leave again. You could feel one of his hands slowly brush against your side, shuffling you slightly.

"Hmm..." Was all you heard him say before mumbling something you couldn't quite understand.

You felt his hand pull away, and heard footsteps going away from you, you kept your eyes tightly shut, wishing the torture of him leaving would just end. You reluctantly opened one eye to see Jack's shadow leaving the room, and the door shutting once more.

You turned onto your back, still pretending you were asleep incase he was actually still there. You peaked one eye open again, to see that the area by the door was empty. You sat up and looked around, he wasn't there, he was gone.

You removed your blankets from your small form as you pulled your legs close and wrapped your small arms around them, with your knees only inches from your face. You felt the sadness once again take hold of you, but this time, you didn't try fighting it.

You sobbed once, and it instantly became a fit of them, as even more tears left your already wet (Eye color) eyes. Laughing Jack was gone, he wouldn't be back until morning, you were all alone now.

These thoughts repeated in your mind over and over and over again, causing your cries to be even harder. But after a few moments, to your sudden surprise, you felt something lift you up and set you down into someones lap. They turned you to your side, wrapped thier arms around you and held you tightly against their chest. You opened your eyes to see a soft grey shirt and a bandaged waist, with overalls underneath. You knew these clothes, it was Jack.

You couldn't help but whimper slightly, as you tried with all your might to stop crying. Jack cautiously set one of his clawed hands ontop of your head and slowly stroked your (Hair length) (Hair color) hair, shushing you softly.

"Shh shh shhhh...It's ok kiddo...I'm right here.." He whispered warmly.

You couldn't take it anymore, you buried your face into his chest gripping his shirt with your small hands as you started crying all over again, you heard Jack hum 'Pop goes the weasel' as he held you.

After a little while, you finally stopped crying and all that was left was an occasional sniffle. Jack moved slightly, and you looked up to see him looking at you with a look that was warm,gentle,worried, and sad all at the same time.

"Kiddo...why are you so sad? You know I hate seeing my best friend unhappy.." Jack spoke worriedly.

You couldn't answer, you were to scared to. You hung your head low, looking down to the bed, avoiding his gaze.

"(Y/n)..."

You heard Jack pause, his head lowered and went sideways, facing your side, he was still looking at you. You unwantingly moved your eyes up to meet his shining white irises. You had never seen Jack so sad looking before, was he really that worried?

"Please...tell me what's wrong...I want to make you smile again..."

He spoke with a somewhat desperate voice as he continued to look at you and softly grazed the tips of his claws along your cheek. You knew he wanted answers, and he wanted them now.

You sniffled and wiped your eyes with your arm before looking at him as his head went back up.

"I...*Sniff* I don't...*Sniff* I-I'm always sad when you leave Jack...I've cried before sometimes *Sniff* b-because I always wish you wouldn't have t-to leave me..." You choked a little before putting both your balling your hands into fists and putting them to your eyes to conceal your returning tears.

You heard Jack gasp faintly, was he..shocked...? He held you against him tightly yet again, this time lowering his head closer to yours. "Oh kiddo...I...I'm so sorry...I had no idea...you missed me so much..." Jack whispered with shock in his voice.

You pulled yourself back to look up at him.

"You're my best friend Jack...! O-Of course I miss you...!"

You tried to smile, it only worked slightly, but that seemed to make Jack feel better. Jack warmly grinned down at you and carefully put his large, clawed, black hand to your face, using his thumb to wipe away another tear that escaped.

Jack chuckled a bit, "I know I can be honest with you...ever since I became who I am today...I've always thought that children were selfish little brats that didn't care about anyone except themselves...but..." Jack paused, looking away.

You tilted your head into his hand, a bit curious about what he was going to say next.

 He looked back at you.

"But you...you're different...you're always so kind and loving towards me and the others...I never thought I would say this to a child and mean it but..." Jack paused again but this time his smile widened and his eyes gave a caring look off of them.

"Don't worry, (Y/n)...I won't leave you.." He whispered softly, kissing your forehead afterwards. Happiness instantly invaded your heart, and you smiled widely.

You giggled as you wrapped your small arms around him and nuzzled into his chest. It wasn't exactly warm, but you didn't mind.

Jack chuckled as he held you against him and lied down onto your bed. He grabbed another blanket and set it ontop of you both as he rolled to one side, causing you to laugh slightly.

"It's time for bed now..and I promise...I'll stay right here with you, even when your asleep!" Jack whispered with a happily, making you giggle again.

"Goodnight Jack..." You whispered snuggling him closely, and closing your eyes.

"Goodnight, (Y/n).." Jack chuckled softly.

And so you fell asleep peacefully, in the arms of your best friend for life.