Chapter 5

Note: Brahm's does not have that bad of a burnt face as the movie. That was like some Freddy Krueger shit. Just know, he has a few scars on his face and he's handsome and cute af. That's all! c:

Brahms POV:

         " I don't think I can do it." I said. As soon as I did (y/n)'s face looked down in disappointment.

        Don't be sad. I wish I could but I just can't. I can't show my face anywhere and to anyone anymore.

         " O-Okay. I-I understand." She said.

        No, you don't.

        She began walking to the piano room and I followed after her. We sat in the chairs next to each other and she began reading. I could tell she was still angry. Her page flipping was aggressive. I'm surprised she didn't accidentally rip a page. Aside from that, her voice was still sweet and soft.

        " Fuck that," she said into the phone," and fuck you." She looked away, to a sleazy-looking mean-faced little guy in a three-piece suit sitting on the opposite end of the settee."

        That was my favorite line from that book. She looked so cute and innocent with her outfit and slippers but when she said it like that, it sent shivers down my spine.

        After saying the last line from that chapter she closed the book. " I think that's enough reading for today Brahms."

        That's it? I want to hear more. You've only been reading for 10 minutes??

        " I want to talk to you about something." She said.

        " Okay.."

        " Why did you kill that little girl?"

        I didn't say anything.

        " Whatever it was, you didn't have to do that. I know you were young but, what 8-year-old thinks of killing someone?"

        I still remained quiet.

        She sighed, got up from her seat and started walking.

        Quick do something. I want you to stay a little longer with me. I'll do anything you want! Anything except going outside is fine.

        I grabbed her wrist. She stayed still for awhile and then asked," What do you want Brahms?"

        Go on. Say it.

        I couldn't speak. Words wouldn't come out of my mouth. (y/n) took my hand off her wrist and continued walking. Once she made her way up the stairs and around the corner I hit my fist on the wall. The sound was masked by the loud shutting of her door. I wanted to yell. But (y/n) face when I killed her ex flashed through my mind.

        I wouldn't want to frighten her like that again would I?

        I went to my room upstairs quietly, through secret passage way and climbed down the ladder. I sat on my bed with my hands covering my face.

        Why couldn't I say it? " I'm willing to go outside someday but not today." She'll probably never ask me to do that again.

        I took my hands away from my face and stared at the (y/n) doll.

        God, I'm such a creep.

        I've never done anything with it. I kind of just have it. It's not like that makes it any less disturbing but still. (y/n) probably saw this when she went here with Malcolm...Is Malcolm still in the hospital? I didn't mean to hurt him that bad. Malcolm was a good person and I quite liked him. But, if he ever tries anything with (y/n) ever again then I'll have to do something about that. He tries to take her away from me. I love (y/n) and care about her so much I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep her from falling for someone else.

       No. This isn't how a normal person thinks. She's not even mine to love. But, she knows that I'm not right in the head but still stays here for me. After a long time of thinking about what (y/n) said, I decided that it is time to change myself. I walked over to the doll and stuffed it in a trash bag along with other things I should've thrown out, like the doll of little Brahms. I'm gonna miss that doll. I placed the trash bag near the ladder that led up stairs and made my way to my sink. I took off my mask and stared at myself in the mirror, looking at the lifelong scars on my face.

        Is this what a monster looks like?

        I took off my shirt and started shaving my chest. If I was going to change, the best way to start was with my appearance.