Chapter Twenty Nine - No weird reactions. I'm 'cool'

Chapter Twenty Nine- No weird reactions. I’m ‘cool’.

Sometimes you just have to look at the mirror and realize you are beautiful. Like right now I’m looking at the mirror. Only if my eyes were little bit bigger and my nose was a bit more defined and lips were a bit more pouty and-

“Are you going to stare at yourself like that the whole day?” My friend Jessica brought me out of my reverie. I didn’t spare her a glance and continued looking at myself wondering what Blaise sees on my childish face. I don’t even have tan. My skin is so pale. I have enough blood in my body but when you look at me…

Not even rosy cheeks. Not so beautiful. Why would a guy like Blaise even want me? Maybe it is my remarkable personality that knocked him off his feet. Ha! Maybe my …smile? No, it’s just looks like I’m constipated. I think I should smile a bit-

I jumped back as Jessica appeared in front of me. She had that look on her face. That dangerous look which appears whenever she is pissed off.

I laughed nervously. “Hi,”

“Shut up and let’s go. We are going to be late for the party.” She scolded me.

“But I think-“

“You look wonderful. Blaise will swoon. Now come with me.” She dragged me. The way she said ‘wonderful’ made it sound like ‘wonderfool’. And I looked like a fool.

“I think I should put my hair-“

“Not one word Beryl. I’m tired of it now. You are going to leave your hair like that.”

“But they don’t look-“

“I had styled your hair seven times. This beautiful pony tail makes you look beautiful.” She interrupted me.

“Alright! Alright! Stop dragging me!” I finally calmed down as we reached the car. We were at my home. After locking it, I sat inside the car. I was wearing a blue flannel dress while Jessica had opted for a maxi with beautiful floral designs. She looked beautiful while I looked… not-so-beautiful.

I took the passenger seat feeling glad. I was way too nervous to drive. And I absolutely hate driver seat. It makes me feel sleepy faster than Mr. Valentino’s lessons. Jessica was about to start the car but then she saw herself in the mirror.

“I think my hair should be-“

“Shut up!” I interrupted the way she had done with me. She rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath before pulling off the driveway.

We were going to the birthday party of Nick Conman. So called ‘once in a year opportunity’. Jessica was happy. She had been, ever since she and Josh had been together. One might suspect she is on happy pills. She smiles more. Sometimes it’s creepy when she suddenly starts smiling. Whenever I ask her what the matter is, the answer is ‘love does that to you’. At least it clears the fact that I’m not in love with Blaise. I don’t smile like that.

Once we reached our destination, I was surprised to find the flood of cars. Nick’s party was really a great event. The place was filled with several students from school. It was his seventeenth birthday. Jessica led me inside where Nick stood with Josh. I searched for any signs of Blaise. He was nowhere to be found.

My gift for Nick was a leather jacket. I didn’t know what else to buy him. Blaise helped me to pick one. I didn’t ask Blaise what he bought Nick. They were friends. It was their business.

Jessica hugged Josh who lifted her up and kissed her. I looked away from the couple only to find Nick staring at me.

“H-Hi,” I chuckled nervously.