Chapter Fourteen -

Chapter Fourteen –

I was one more female stumbling into my office away from exploding.

Two weeks have gone by – and Adrian was still sleeping with every woman he set his eyes on. If he was trying to prove that the kiss didn’t mean anything to him; he had succeeded on the first day when he brought in the red head that I had fought with on my first day here. To make matters worse, Adrian didn’t even want me moving my desk back into my previously assigned office, and was furious when he came stumbling out of the room with the glass door with another woman buttoning up her pale pink blouse behind him, to find me directing the guys that were moving my desk out to be careful with my things.

On top of his women stumbling into my office with sheer excitement and lust present on their expressions, asking me where Adrian’s office was every five minutes, Adrian had said the same five words to me in total the entire two weeks. “Cancel my entire morning schedule.” My veins were about to pop underneath my skin at his infuriating new persona, and I’d always leave the office with steam coming out of my ears.

The only highlight of my day lately, has been the one hour long lunch break I got to spend with Allen every day. He always managed to calm me down after I’d scowl and complain about his best friend’s newly adopted agenda, and temporarily made me forget about him by cracking humorous jokes and suggestive comments while we ate our food in the diner across the road – always sitting in the corner.

Today, however, I walked into the diner to find Allen standing near a booth that was on the window patiently. I gave him a confused look, and looked around to find school kids filling every booth – including our silently assigned one in the corner. “These guys are leaving, and it’s the only free both left.” He explained after my eyes landed back on his tall figure.

I shrugged. “That’s fine. I would’ve said let’s go somewhere else but I might be late for work. Sorry.” I gave him a guilty look, and he waved me off, frowning slightly. “Stop saying that. I’m fine eating here, as long as you’re sitting across from me. Or on my lap. I don’t mind either.” He smirked, making me roll my eyes and smile in amusement at his comment.

“Sorry for taking so long!” The school girl apologised, looking up at Allen with an admiring gaze.

“Don’t sweat it.” He replied coolly, giving her a lazy lopsided grin. The girl’s face began to turn red under his gaze, and she scurried off behind her friends, gushing to them about Allen’s appearance. Allen chuckled before he slid into the both, and I took my seat opposite him, admiring the light coming from the window seat.

“Maybe we should sit here more often. It’s better than your little nook and cranny corner over there.” I teased, smiling.

“I don’t need the light from the window because I already have you illuminating my world.” Allen spoke up, smiling at me. I began to blush but covered it up with a glare. “Stop being cheesy.” I scowled, smiling slightly.

“I am to please, cupcake.” He winked, just as our usual waitress came to the table, grinning once she recognised our faces. “The usual?” She asked, smiling. We both nodded and she smiled before walking away from the table.

“Still the same?” Allen asked, silently referring to Adrian’s enraging mannerisms. I nodded as a scowl crawled its way onto my lips, and I frowned down at my lap. “I don’t understand why he needs to continue doing that in front of me. I mean, I get it. California was something he was clearly trying to erase from his memory – but does it really take that many women to forget one kiss?” I asked incredulously, looking back up at Allen.

The AssistantOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara