28: Taking it

"Talk about where you want to go or where you want to take me because whatever it is, I'll follow you."

Zahra's wail was the first thing that woke Musa up from his restless slumber. It had shortly been two days ever since he left the hospital cage and as much as he wanted to stay beside his wife, he couldn't. Even now he had left most of the responsibility on two good-hearted people who he disliked once and they were the very ones who will lay their life for this little family, Musa had made with Hoor. In his groggy state, he soothed her, crying down by cuddling her to himself and murmuring things even he couldn't understand himself. They were right when they said no one can replace a mother, as a father, he was doing all he could but it wasn't enough because he had a falling empire to uphold and it was already weighing him down. He grunted when a faint pain bummed his stomach where the stitches kept the flesh together, at the very dulling pain he remembered yet another moment of theirs. Looking down at the angelic face of his daughter, the beautiful features she shared with her mother, his hand tracing the fresh wound that was still anew as if stitched yesterday and not a week ago, he remembered his Hoor.

"What are you thinking about?" He had asked, his voice coming out low because of his position on the bed. His head on her belly, his beard resting reassuringly on her smooth milky skin as he caressed her stitch marks over her abdomen. It was the most peaceful time he had so far, laying like this, forgetting about their problems for once.

Her warm skin felt tingly at his proximity, the way his beard tickled her exposed sensitive skin. She let her delicate fingers go through his silky strands of hair slowly massaging his scalp. He was in the most of sacred places, with his wife soaking up in her love and affection she was showing with eagerness.

"Nothing." She murmured, lost in her world as she drowned in her husband's closeness and affection.

"Hoor." He growled warning her. His voice vibrated through her belly making her gulp down the intensity that shot out.

"About Asghar, I miss him." She whispered, afraid to mention her dead son to him, knowing very well how much of a sore subject it was to him although he tried to hide it many times the mere mention of his boy got him twisted up. He stiffened, and Hoor felt his face go cold instantly. She regretted telling him. She always feared this side of him, and naturally, her breathing fastened.

They were silent, almost comfortable but there was this sick tension hovering over them. Out of nowhere, his deep voice resonated the room alerting her, her hand stilled in his hair as he slowly turned around now gazing up at her with his emerald green eyes, he took her hand and kissed the inside of it softly before moving closer to the bottom of her bosom, her ribs feeling crazy by his facial hair. "These scars are the only reminder of our boy. If they weren't visible it would've been easy to forget, but Alas! These scars remind me of what my woman has been through, it achingly irritates me and that is why I don't like you mentioning what we lost." He traced a whisper of a finger on her stitches that were a faded pink but still prominent. A shiver soared up her spine making her dizzy.

His words had hit home and she couldn't stop herself from leaning down and capturing his awaiting lips, the kiss was so sudden he was shocked for a second, and then just as he was about to take over she pulled back taking his taste with her. Her eyes glossy with unshed tears, "I'm not sorry for whatever happened or what I lost. I believe it all happened for a reason and I'm glad it did because then I wouldn't have had what I have now, it's a matter of time that you move on. When the time is right, surely Allah will bless us with a charming boy such as his father." She whispered, stroking his cheekbone lovingly.

She was right, he sighed and let the side of his face resting on her belly as he gazed at her with astonishment. She was by far the strongest and kindest women he ever came by. Pecking her soft stomach he said, "I'm so glad Aleeyah took her ovaries out and her womb, if she hadn't God knows what would go on right now." His green eyes glittered with relief, and Hoor chuckled at his expression.