Chapter 1

I was excited. Today was my first day working as a CSI in Miami, Florida. I walked in and went to the front desk, "Um, I'm here for my first day of work, I'm not sure where it is that I need to check in." I told her she nodded, looking around. "Natalia!" I jumped, startled at the secretary's sudden outburst. They both looked at me strangely, I just changed the subject. "Um, Natalia can you help me? Today is my first day, I'm not sure where I need to go." I told her and she nodded. "Oh yes, of course. Right this way. We need to go go see Horatio before we can do anything." She told me. I nodded and followed her to a large office, that was mainly windows. Natalia quietly knocked before entering "Yes? Oh Natalia, come in. I see our new team member has arrived. Welcome to the team....." he held his hand out, unable to recall my name. I smiled "Eliza, Eliza Foster." I told him and he smiled, taking my hand, giving it a firm shake. He led me to the lab, sending Natalia to find the members of the team. When we arrived at the DNA lab, there were several people standing uniform, I was going to assume that everyone was present. Horatio stood tall, looking around the room. "Where's Ryan?" Horatio asked looking around, suddenly someone came running through the door. "Sorry H, my alarm didn't go off." He said as he fell in ranks along with the others. "Team, this is Eliza, she's the officer who transfered over from Georgia. She'll be going in the field and working with us from now on." he told them, making sure they understood. When he felt satisfied, he left to his office to do paperwork until we got called on a case. The team members all looked at me, making me nervous. The huge teddy bear stepped up first, wrapping me in a tight hug, "I'm Walter, if you need something, don't hesitate to ask." He smiled, what can I say? His smile was contagious the Cuban looking man stepped forward next, he merely held out his hand, "I'm Eric Delko" then he brushed past me, confusing me. I looked back forward at the rest of the team, Natalia was next to give me a hug and deliver the same message as Walter. Then the blonde female stepped up, she had a slight southern drawl, unlike mine which was heavy. She wrapped me in a hug, "Like Natalia and Walter said, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask, if you want, after work tonight, you and I could go to this cute little French café then after that, I'll show you around." She told me, really excited. "Um, yeah, that sounds great! Thanks." I told her, stepping back and tucking my hair behind my ear, rubbing my left arm with my right arm. She hugged me again before walking out, I watched her as she left, she was practically bounding down the corridors. I looked timidly at the last man, who was by far the most attractive of the group, he had brown hair, he was on the shorter side, about two inches taller than me. I looked down at the floor, suddenly finding it fascinating. I looked back up, shifting from foot to foot. "Hey, I'm Eliza Foster." I told him, holding out my hand to him he shook my hand and introduced himself. "Hey I'm Ryan Wolfe." We made eye contact, my white-blue eyes meeting his brown orbs and we both froze, we had been in the same position for a while when I snapped out of the trance, pulling my small hand out of his large one. We looked around the room, when suddenly Callie walked in. "Hey, Eliza? Um, so turns out I have stuff, yeah lots of stuff. I, um, I uh, oh yeah! I volunteered at a pet shelter! So I can't show you around tonight, but I'm sure that Ryan would love to." she bumbled, and looked over to Ryan. He looked surprised, "Yeah, of course, I'd be delighted. That is if it's ok with Eliza." Ryan told her and they both turned to me, I blinked, stunned. "Um, yeah, that's fine with me." I said and Callie cheered and I gave her a small smile and excused myself.

Ryan's POV

When Eliza left, I glared at Callie. "You know, you were real subtle back there." I told her and she shrugged, "I saw you two and I just had to do something." she smiled and I chuckled and walked away to finish up on my work.