Chapter 4.0

I'm now 8 months and 3 weeks pregnant and the baby could come at anytime, I was examining something for a case in the lab when I felt water between my legs, I called over Walter. "Walter where's Ryan? My water just broke!" I cried as a wave of pain rolled through my body. He called one of the lab techs over and had them finish what I was doing. He took my hand and led me to his car helping me get in and get buckled, I was crying as he got in the car. "I want Ryan! Where's Ryan?" I whimpered, " Hey, hey, hey. It's ok. I'm calling him right now." Walter told me asking Siri to call Ryan. "Hello? Is Eliza ok? Is the baby ok, what happened?" Ryan freaked out as soon as he answered the phone. "Yeah they're fine, you need to get to the hospital, Eliza's water broke." Walter told Ryan. "Shit, um... I will be there as soon as I can, I just gotta tell Horatio. I love you Eliza, hang in there, I'll be there soon." He told us and hung up. Walter drove to the hospital, when we pulled in, Ryan had pulled in just in front of us. We parked together and Ryan ran to my side of the car, helping me out and into the building. When we got in there, everything happened so fast I didn't know what was happening. They got me back and in a room, Ryan. Was sitting beside my bed, holding my hand. We looked up when Walter came in, "Hey, I gotta go, since we're two people short H. needs everyhand he can get. I'll swing back by after I get off work." He told us and left. Ryan grabbed my hand and turned the back of it with his thumb as the doctor came in. He went through all the procedures, before telling us that we had about 5 hours to go and that he would be back later and left. I had Ryan get my phone out of my bag and hand it to me, I then dialed a number I hadn't dialed in a while, my father's. My father was a loving man, I was his world. However when I ran away from home to escape my mother's abuse, I cut all contact with everyone I loved. Including my daddy. I put it to my ear and listened to the rings, "Hello?" I heard his voice come over the speaker. Tears welled up in my eyes, "Daddy?" I asked, feeling Ryan squeeze my hand as he looked at me with concern in his eyes. "Is that really you baby girl?" he asked me. "Yeah it's me daddy." I told him. "Where are you? Are you alright?" he asked me. "I can't tell you where I am, but I want you to know that I'm ok. I uh, I called because I have some news for you." I told him, Ryan shifted in his seat. "What do you need to tell me baby girl?" He asked me. "You're going to be a grandpa daddy." I told him. "What really? Baby that's amazing! Is it a boy or girl?" He asked. "It's a boy, Ryan and I are naming him Noah David." I told him. "Y-you're naming him after me?" he asked, I could hear him holding back tears as his voice wavered. "Yeah we are daddy, Ryan picked out the first name and I picked your name for his middle. I have to go daddy, I love you." I told him. I heard him begin to protest and I hung up, bawling into my hands. Ryan got up and wrapped me in a hug, he sat his chin on my head and held me close as I cried.

•••
I'm gonna skip the birth process, cause all it consists of is screaming, crying, and Eliza crushing Ryan's hand.
•••

After the last push, I I heard a tiny and beautiful cry. I looked over at Ryan and he looked at me, the nurse brought Noah over to me and placed him in my arms. I gently bounced him and rocked him, shushing him quietly. When he was calm I kissed his little forehead and looked at Ryan, I signalled for him to come over to me. I walked over, I slowly and carefully reached out and grabbed his wrist, pulling him towards me. " Here, do you want to hold him?" I asked him, he looked at me with hope in his eyes, it quickly faded into fear. "I don't wanna hurt him, he's so little..." he whispered. I smiled and pulled him down for a kiss, "It'll be ok, he's not going to break. I promise, he's tougher than you think." I told him, showing him to hold him. Ryan took him, smiling with tears in his eyes, he ran his finger over his little cheek. He then held his index finger out for him to take, Noah grabbed it and moved his little arm up and down, taking Ryan's hand with it. "Well would you look at that, he knows who his daddy is." I said, watching my boys. Ryan walked back over to his chair and sat down after he gave me my mobile, I snapped a picture of Ryan holding Noah. He picked up his phone, "Hey, good, yeah everything went really well, yeah my hand is still kinda sore. Yeah I'm holding him now, um they moved us to room 836 on the 6th floor. Yeah come on up, all of you. We can only have two visitors in the room at a time but, you're more than welcome to visit. Yeah I'll see you then, I'm going to let you go, Noah's hungry, I better give him to his mommy so she can feed him." He said and hung up, bringing Noah back over to me, he carefully transfered him to me and pulled his chair over closer to me. "That was Callie, she and Eric are coming to visit." He told me and I nodded. I began feeding Noah, when he finished, I handed him to Ryan and resituated my chest, I had just finished When Callie and Eric walked in. "Knock, knock! Aunt Callie is here!" She quietly called into the quiet room. The room was silent except for the small noises Noah was making. Callie walked over to me while Eric walked over to Ryan and talked to him, "Hey, how you doing?" She asked me and I have her two thumbs up. "All the pain I just went through was worth it, Noah is perfect. I would do it a thousand more times just for this feeling." I told her. "Well that's good, because I plan on a couple more kids." Ryan told me, and we all laughed. Ryan grabbed my hand and held it as we all visited until the nurse came in to check on Noah and I.