✧ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐆𝐨𝐝

"A person who takes power needs to have a wide range of experience to have a mature attitude towards having power"

Chapter 2

The charity gala was a success. It was an event held for families who have lost their homes and loved ones in the terrible hurricane. This charity raised approximately 2.5 million dollars and each of the wealthy patrons who cooperated in organizing the charity gained some profit from it. There were a lot of celebrities and corporations who sponsored the event. Popular media were also present at the event.

It's been almost two hours since the gala has been going on and it was about to end soon. It was time for Rhéa to do the final speech of the night. Kairos had already given the first speech, at the beginning of the gala, welcoming all the guests and telling them to enjoy themselves until it was time for the special charity event to commence.

"I want to express my deepest gratitude to all of you who supported this charity..."

As she was giving her speech, Kairos who was speaking with other highly and respected businessmen, was admiring Rhéa who was in the spotlight. There was no doubt that he was making business deals he would only profit from, otherwise he'd ignore people who tried to breathe in his presence. They would not be worth his time. As he watched Rhéa, he noticed how the lights from above hit her skin and made her glow. She was beautiful before already but tonight, she looked exceptionally beautiful.

Her long black hair was down, long and wavy. Dressed in a long shimmering rose gold dress that  brightened up the entire room. Her dress was low-cut revealing her back with crossed straps ; but it was a perfect dress that complimented her figure and made her look graceful like the goddess she is.

"...Thank you and goodnight" she finished as everyone began to applaud.  Kairos tore his eyes away from her and went to get a drink from one of the tables.

It was a huge event, which even had few reporters–who were promised exclusive photos and an interview from the great Kairos Zelenik and Rhéa Zephyr. At the end of the night, Kairos and Rhéa were taking photos together, as promised.

"Can't you move a bit closer together?" Said the reporter nervously.  "These are photos that will be seen publicly".

Rhéa gave the reporter a death glare while Kairos seized the opportunity reaching out and pulling her closer to him. She was surprised to have Kairos pressed so closely against her with his arm around her waist.

"What the hell do you think you are you doing, Mr. Zelenik? This is definitely not appropriate," she hissed and placed her hand atop his, pinching all the skin off his bones. He groaned, and tried to ignore the pain from her about to rip the skin off his hand.

"I don't see what's so inappropriate about this. Stop whining over something so trivial. We're simply just taking photos. So, the faster we can get this over with, the faster we can all leave, Ms. Zephyr" he said emphasizing her last name. "Besides, it's a bit chilly in here and being next to an "ice goddess" isn't quite accommodating" he added, using her nickname with a sinister smile on his face.

She cut her eyes at him and pressed her heel into his foot. "You're right. Let's get this over with as you wish," she said sarcastically sweet with a fake smile.

Rhéa hated when people touched her unnecessarily without her permission, especially men. The only man who got close to her and was in her personal space other than her ex was her personal trainer and sparring partner.  All the other men who tried to touch her had their work put out for them.

The next few days were quite busy and exhausting for both Rhéa and Kairos and upon agreement, they met up with the press who was going to interview them both as a pair about the charity event.  Rhéa wanted to do a separate interview but Kairos, being the devil he was, sternly insisted to do it together because he was a busy man with a lot of things to do with very little time to spear. As if Rhéa herself wasn't busy.