✧ 𝐀 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it."

Dennis P. Kimbro

Chapter 5

The third day came as promised. Both Kairos and Rhéa decided to meet at Café Au Lait. He needed a definite answer from her, since there wasn't much time left. He had a contingency plan if ever she were to refuse.

"What is your answer?" he asked impatiently.

"I've weighed my options." She replied vaguely.

"And? What. Is. Your. Answer?" he snapped impatiently.

"Ah, so now we see what it feels like to be a broken record. Not amusing is it, Zelenik?" she chastised. She was having too much fun on his expense.

Still, she decided not to prolong this childish game with him.

"I will agree with you for now", Rhéa stated.

"I know you're no fool. I also know you've agreed because their was something beneficial to you apart from the deal we are making", he remarked.

"How very perceptive of you", she smirked.

Rhéa's thoughts were to go along with Kairos' plan because there was someone who's around his business circle, whenever the money is bountiful and she's bound to meet the person sooner or later. That person was the main key to her plans. She had to play it safe for now.

Kairos placed a bright velvet box in front of her, pulling her from her thoughts.

"Is this your romantic way of proposing?" Rhéa asked as she picked up the small box Kairos had placed on the table in front of her.

"I don't do romantic" he said stated as he stared at her. She ignored his comment and picked up the box.

"I'm sure" she scoffed.

"This is idiotic. Take the engagement ring. We have to put on a show, not only for Massimo, but also for everyone else in the world."

"To call this entire situation idiotic, is truly ironic, due to the fact that an imbecilic moron came up with such a ludicrous plan on a whim in the first place, who did not give me a choice in the matter" she snapped with heavy sarcasm as she opened the box.

Rhéa couldn't take her eyes off the ring. It was a 24-karat white gold diamond cut in the shape of a lotus flower and it shone brightly. The lotus was her favorite flower. It was as if it was custom-made. Did he had it made specifically for her? He couldn't have. It would be pointless and there is no specific meaning.

"Wow

"Wow. So even someone like you can buy something this beautiful? Well, I'm going to go on a limb and say that this isn't the first time you've bought something so exquisite, yes?"