Chapter 15

"You sure you're okay?" questions Alexander who is standing right next to me near my desk in the small office.

He's asked me that question around a thousand time today and every time I just nod my head without looking him in the eye.

I still can't get the thought of me sitting on his desk out of my mind.

Looking up at the clock on the wall I see it is nearly time for my lunch break so I quickly scribble the number that is needed by Alexander onto the small notepad.

Handing it too him I quickly get up, eager to escape him when I hear my name being called out further down the hallway.

"Nora, my sexy beast" exclaims a loud voice.

My lips tilt up into a full blown smile as I am engulfed into two strong arms, wrapped around my waist.

I wrap my arms around Caleb in greeting.

Over Caleb's shoulder I can see Candice standing right behind him, waving at me.

Waving back, I am released as a grinning Caleb looks me over.

"You get hotter every time I see you babe".

Laughing at his words, I turn to grab my handbag, completely forgetting about Alexander standing there.

Caleb wraps his arm around my shoulders as he too notices Alexander's presence.

Alexander stands there rigid, jaw clenched and glaring at Caleb.

Maybe they know each other from somewhere?

As if answering my question Caleb puts his free hand out for a handshake and introduces himself.

"Hi I'm Caleb Hawkins, pleasure to meet you".

Alexander doesn't seem to hear the slight emphasis on certain words in that sentence but both Candice and I do as we try not to erupt into giggles as Caleb not so subtly eye rapes Alexander.

Alexander slips his hand into Caleb's and mutters out a "Alexander James" while still glaring at him not seeming to notice Caleb's antics.

A slight look of pain passes through Caleb's face as they shake hands which causes Alexander to look somewhat pleased of himself.

Ignoring the antics of the two men I clear my throat and announce that our lunch break has started, making my way towards the elevators with Candice in tow.

Caleb follows behind and as soon as we reach the elevators Alexander calls out behind me.

"Oh Nora we have a meeting in thirty minutes so you're going to have to cut your break soon. Come back in twenty five so you can set up the conference room.

Nodding my head I groan inwardly.

Why couldn't he tell me about this beforehand?

*******

"I can't believe this is only the second time we're meeting. I feel like I've known each other since ages". I muse to Caleb.

He nods his head and then says in an ominous and completely serious voice "maybe we have but in a previous life".

The way he says it with such a thoughtful look on his face has all cracking up in laughter.

Caleb looks behind me and then starts wiggling his eyebrows.

"Looks like Mr. Tall dark and handsome can't stand us hanging out with each other".

"What?" I question.

Turning back an angry Alexander stands in front of me.

"I thought I told you to set the conference room up" he snaps at me harshly.

"But I still have five minutes of my lunch yet". I mange to sputter out under his harsh gaze.

"Nora your tardiness nor your inability to comprehend things is appreciated" he snaps at me, voice cold and sharp.

Wincing at his tone I can't help but to feel incredibly hurt by his words.

I haven't even done anything.

Completely embarrassed and feeling like a child being scolded by their mother in front of all their friends, I simply murmur an apology to an annoyed looking Caleb and Candice and quickly scurry away without even waiting for Alexander.

Setting up the conference room had become a daily routine for me so it didn't take long.

Ever since Alexander stepped foot into the room I haven't even looked his way nor have I acknowledged him in any way.

I'm still pissed at how he treated me.

Pissed and hurt.

I could feel Alexander glaring holes into the side of my head, trying to catch my gaze but I kept my head low, refusing to look up at him.

I kept on focusing my attention on my note taking and other various things as the men and women walk into the room, taking their places at the long table.

Glancing up I see Alexander's eyes still on me before he takes his gaze off of me to the people in front of him.

Halfway through the meeting and I have zoned out. Too pissed to care about anything right now I don't even notice Alexander has stopped speaking.

"Um sir? Sir?" a voice speaks up from the table.

"Uh yes sorry about that. That's about it for today. Just make sure that everything we've discussed falls into play and that's about that".

With that everybody nods their head eager to leave the now stuffy room.

As everyone leaves I stretch my legs a little and try to get rid of the cramp in my leg.

"Nora be more attentive next time" says Alexander stepping in front of me.

"Yes Mr. Alexander. It won't happen again, I apologise" I say tersely, not in the mood to get berated again.

"I thought I told you not to call me that" he says back in the same tone as mine.

"Okay Mr. Alexander".

"Are you trying to piss me off today?" he says angrily.

"Are you trying to piss me off? I haven't even done anything and you're attacking me for no god damn reason. I'm sick and tired of you walking all over me and acting like everything's fine one minute and then the next like I've ran over your damn dog. I haven't even known you for long and you're already giving me a damn headache. You know wha-".

My rambling is cut off by Alexander's soft yet rough lips slamming harshly onto my own, effectively shutting me up.

-------------

AN: I have no idea what the hell that was. I rewrote this chapter like twice and I'm still not happy with it. This chapter is dedicated to @Bogodaughter2 for commenting on my last authors note on what she wants, I hope that sufficed 😊.
Anyways please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share