The Final Words of Wendy

When the final bell rang I walked out of chemistry with my headphones on and my head down. As I'm walking out of the building to the parking lot, I think I'm in the clear and won't have to deal with Jordan and Margret, but lo and behold they are standing right next to my car. I take my keys out of my backpack and use the key fob to unlock it before I get there. Jordan hears the click of the doors and looks over at me. I stop in my tracks. She could probably smell the fear coming from me right at that moment. She nudges Margret and then they're both looking at me, showing off their pearly whites in a wicked way.

"Oh look, it's the freak of Oakley Prep," Jordan teased.

Margret laughed at that remark.

"Yeah, freak," Margret taunted.

I didn't want to provoke them so I just went to open my car door when Jordan came and slammed it shut, barely missing my fingers.

"Why are you even still here? You should just go drop dead in a ditch somewhere, you mentally diseased freak!"

It felt like something inside me snapped, like my heart physically couldn't take the torment anymore. I pulled her hand off my door, got in and drove away. When I got home my vision was so blurry from the tears I could hardly see. When I ran to my room, closing the door behind me, I reached under my bed and pulled out my dad's handgun. I took it a few days ago, and hid it there. I set it on my desk and I wrote a note to tell the world about my suffering. Once finished, I put the gun up to my head. I was standing in front of my mirror at the time and I finally recognized who I saw in the reflection. I looked into my own puffy red eyes and uttered my final words, "Goodbye Wendy" and pulled the trigger.

My life is crap. There's no point in living it anymore if I didn't recognize who I was anymore. Nobody appreciates life anymore, especially the lives of others. But being called a 'mentally diseased freak' was the breaking point. Goodbye world, I doubt you'll even know I'm gone.

Wendy Hale