~Why didn't you tell me?~

~Tara's Pov~

I pull into Forks Hospitals parking lot and imediently jump out my car.

I seriously hope that he's on shift today or this trip is all for nothing.

I smoothly enter and make my way towards the reception desk, where yet again a barley living human is sitting.

"Hi! How may I help you?" She greets me as I come to a standstill infront of her.

"I'm looking for Dr.Cullen. Is he here?" I smile, really desperately needing to see him.

"Oh! Dr Cullen is on break right now, do you have an appointment?" She asks, looking down at her schedule thing.

"Um not exactly, I was hoping I could have a little chat with him? If  that's possible." I ask.

"I'll see if he's available dear but I doubt it. What's your name?" She questions as she stands, smoothing her skirt down.

"Tell him it's an old friend" I reply before heading to sit in the waiting area.

I was only sitting for about 5 minutes when I'm ripped from my thoughts by a voice I haven't heard in years.

"Tara?" Carlisle calls out.

My head snaps up and I grin over at my old friend.

"Carlise! Long time no see!" I grin, walking over and embracing him.

"How have you been?" He smiles, motioning for me to follow him.

"I've been good, but I do have a reason for this visit" I say as we enter what I assume to be his office.

"Oh? And what's that?" He questions, taking a seat.

"I've just gotten back from Forks High school and I did have a little encounter with some other vampires. You know them I assume?" I ask, taking a seat across from him.

"Of course, they're my 'Children' so to speak"

"Your children?" I deadpan.

"Yeah, I live with my mate Esme, and they are all part of our coven. It would be a little bit out of the ordinary if we didn't pass them off to be our 'Kids' so that's exactly what we've done" he explains.

"I see" I nod.

"What sort of 'encounter' was it?" He asks.

"Nothing bad I assure you but I do think two males, Edward and Jasper I think, are a little bit suspicious of me along with the rest of them I'm sure"

"I see, well Alice did mention that she was blocked out from seeing the future this morning, so that must've kicked them off" He tells me.

"She has visions?"

"Yeah. Most of them have powers" he explains.

"What sort of powers?" I ask, getting really interested.

It's not everyday you hear that a coven has a wide variety of powerful vampires.

"Jasper can feel and manipulate emotions. Edward can read people's mind. Emmett has his strength. Bella is a shield. Alice can see the future and Reneseme can show people things through touch." He lists off.

One really stands out to me.

"A shield?" I ask, impressed.

I've never encounter another shield.

"Yes, Bella is Edward's mate and new to her power. However, she is really strong and can handle herself in battles." He tells me.

"Would it be alright to stop by your house later to meet everyone. You know, clear up some suspiciousions" I ask.

"And of course meet Bella" I laugh.

"Of course. I get off shift at 9, stop by about 9:20?" He proposes.

"I'll be there" I smile.

~

We catch up for a while until his break is over.

I head back home and get ready to mee his coven, later on tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed!
Leave a comment and vote :)
See you next time!

~A x