Gaining Trust

I listened to this song while writing this chapter.

November's P.O.V

Trystan tried to talk to me after dinner but I didn't want to hear any excuses he had. After dinner, I managed to avoid him and went straight up to my room and cried myself to sleep. I know you might all think I am weak, but I am not crying about Trystan. 

I am crying about my father's abuse. Memories flash through my mind a lot and bring back feelings I never want to feel again. I never let myself cry for longer than 10 minutes because it proves that he gets to me and that I'm weak, which I am.

The Next Morning

After last night, I had decided that I needed to do something new. So I decided that I should go for a run. I got up at 5 o'clock so I could go for an hour run before getting ready for school. I got changed in a bright yellow sports bra with a white tank top to hide my ugly bruises. I paired it all of with black yoga pants and made my way outside.

During my run, I listen to my music playlist which has Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Fifth Harmony, Little Mix and Meghan Trainor. It was so relaxing, I got to think while being active. My happiness was soon washed away when I noticed a dark figure hiding behind a building's wall. 

I decided that it was too creepy for me to handle and I was about to start running back when I noticed who it was. My father was standing there looking pissed. I had turned my body around and started to run. All of a sudden I was pushed roughly onto the ground. 

I knew who pushed me and suddenly I knew I had little hope of escaping. He started kicking stomach, which was starting to heal, but not anymore. The pain was unbearable, but I fought it. I was not going to let him get to me again.

I gathered all the strength I could muster and kicked him in the shin to stop his kick. He bent over in pain while holding his shin. I hit him in his groin also so that he couldn't run after me. It took me 3 minutes to get up, but I did. It used a lot of my energy but I had adrenaline coursing through my veins. I had to act fast, I know he wouldn't stay down for long.

It took me 15 minutes to jog back to the house. When I did enter the house, no one was up yet. Thank God, because I did not feel like telling anyone about this. I did not want anyone to worry about me, it was only a one-time thing, right?

I walked up into my room and took a shower to scrub the dirt off my body from when I was pushed. I finished my shower and got dressed in a denim skirt and a long black shirt. I needed to hide the bruises from today. 

I wanted to get to school earlier than everyone else so they couldn't see my bruises to give me enough time to cover them up with makeup. I walked to school listening to 'Secret Love Song' by little mix, I just love that song. 

I reached school at 7:30 am and school doesn't start until 8:30 so I have an hour before everyone comes. I walk into the girl's bathroom and put makeup on the bruises on my face. I don't bother with my stomach because no one is going to see it under my shirt. I left the bathroom and went to my locker for my books with 5 minutes left before class starts. Wow, time flies by.

Trystan's P.O.V

I woke up at 7:00 and got dressed in my normal outfit a white top and black jeans. At breakfast, I noticed that November wasn't there, so I went to her room and saw it empty. She must have just left for school early. Ariana and I got into our cars and drove to school. 

We walked into school together and saw November at her locker. Ariana walked up to her and started chatting to her. I was just relieved that she was here and not somewhere else, like with her bastard father.

That thought left my mind as soon as it entered as I noticed a large bruise on her stomach. Her shirt had ridden up from when she hugged Ariana. I was shocked and pissed with whoever gave that to her. I sped towards her and planned on confronting her about it.

I grabbed her forearm and dragged her outside of the school against a wall 

I said "What the fuck is on your stomach November!"

She gasped. She looked extremely worried.

She replied "I accidentally fell over this morning on my run"

I knew straight away that she was lying. You cannot get a bruise that large from simply falling over. 

I said to her  "You're lying to me" 

She did tell me the truth. She just kept denying it. The class bell rang, just saving her from me. She sprinted off, away from me to go to class. I stood in my place and promised myself that I was going to find out who gave her that bruise and to figure out why she was lying about it.