5

*10 years later*
(Ma: Dinah
Mom: Normani)

"So y/n are you excited" I struggled not reply sure of what I should be excited for

"Your Birthday dummy"

It's my 16th birthday and my moms thought it would be a good idea to throw a big sweet 16.

"Come on y/n" said Andrew.

After all those years Andrew was still my best friend. That day Lauren left was the worse day of our life that was the first time I had an crush on someone.

She just left like that. She promised to search me up.. but she never did.

I sigh. "Listen guys I do-" my sentence died down once I saw a current girl with black hair siting on my living room couch.

"Lauren?" The girl got up. But I looked down.

"Oh aunt mila. Sorry" she smiled. She walked over to me and hugged me.

"Happy Birthday y/n/n. Are you excited for later" I just rolled my eyes.

"No am not. I'm going upstairs. Don't bother me" I turned around to walk up the stairs

"Y/n y/m/n Hansen" ma said but I ignored her.

"Just leave her alone" said mom.

"No Normani the kid has to move on. It has been 10 fucking years" I slammed my door and laid down on my bed.

I don't even remember falling asleep but I did. I was being woken up.

"Y/n baby come on get up. You have to get ready" I groaned and turned away.

"Y/n there are so many people. That you have invited. S-" I glared at my mom

"I didn't invite anyone you guys did. I didn't even wanted to have this stupid party. Leave me the fuck alone!"

My mom had tears in her eyes. Oh sh-t "I'm just trying to make you feel better, I don't want to see you sad. I thought this party would make you forget. I'm sorry I'll tell it off" my mom walked towards the door but I grabbed her hand and stopped her.

I got up and gave her a big hug. I was taller then my mom because of ma.

I kissed her head. "No mom don't cry. I'm sorry I'll go to the party. I'm stop nagging so much. I know you guys have put a lot of effort in it. I'll get dress" mom smiled up at me and gave my cheek an small peck.

"Thanks baby. And maybe the night will change" she winked at me then walked away.

"Okay..."
**

After I got ready with putting on my clothes we were going to the place my moms rented

It actually should've been a surprise but I over heard them talking so I have to pretend now.

"Andrew how Is it with your boyfriend" he blushed.

Andrew and I came out on the same day while he came out as bisexual I came out as an lesbian.

Yep I like them kittens more.

"Well uh He'll be on your party" Andrew bit his lip.

Andrew turned a pink color. I pinched his cheek and laughed.

This always knows how to brighten up my day.

"Hey Andrew if that guy ever hurt you. Tell him. That Dinah Jane will come after him and beat his ass" I rolled my eyes at my ma.

"I will dj" he laughed. "We're here, don't forget y/n act surprised" I nodded.

"Okay get out y'all. Y/n walk up front." I did as I was told. I don't want to brag but ever since u hung with Andrew and his mom Alycia. Which is an beautiful woman and I may have a small crush on her. But she reminds me to much of... you know who.

Alycia has showed me some acting skills. So I can act pretty surprised.

I opened the door and as I expected it was pretty dark. I turned on the lights and then a shit ton of people yelled. Surprise.

Okay I was really freaking surprised. I saw some class mates that I didn't hate I saw my moms friends with there kids.

I also saw some celebrities. I bit my lip and smiled.

"Oh wow guys" my mom pinched my side and whispered.

"More surprised" my eyes widen.

"Thank you guys so much. Let's party" they cheered a bunch of people came over to me and hugged me telling how big I became I beautiful I am. To where the hell I'm growing because I'm taller then a few elderly here.

I saw Alycia and ran to her. "Hey" I smiled as I hugged her.

"Hey y/n we could've done a bit more on your acting" I laughed.

"Yes I think so too. Even though you're an amazing teacher" she blushes

"Ew stop flirting with my mom." I turned around and saw Andrew with his arm over an familiar blond hair boy. I rolled my eyes.

"Justin" he said smiling. "Oh I know. Can I have a word with you"

Andrew gave me a look. "We're just gonna talk. Jeez don't get your panties twisted" I wrapped an arm around Justin.

"You see Justin. Andrew and I go way back. He's a brother to me. I don't know what he sees in you but oh well. But I swear if you ever hurt him, disrespect him or even look at him the wrong way. I will beat you and chop off all those ugly dreadlocks. I'll do everyone an favor actually. Got it?" I squeezed his shoulder to show him I'm not kidding.

He nodded. I let go of him and he hurried away.

I felt an tab on my ass. I turned around. "Hey come on you don't do that to an half poly half black girl. You're just asking to get an beat down" I turned around to see Ashlee.

She smiled at me. "Chill chill" I hugged her.

"We got an surprise for you" my eyes widen as she pulled me to an stage with an chair.

I haven't even seen it. It's a y/f/c (your fav color) stool

She sat me down. "Hello everyone as you may know it's y/n's Birthday, well Duh. But we have an surprise for y/n something she has always wanted since she was an little girl" Camila walked up to me with an box.

I frowned. "Open it" I took the lit of and I put a hand over my mouth.

"OMG" I grabbed it out of the box. It was a puppy. With an bow around his neck. (You chose whatever kind you want it to be)

The puppy sneezed so cutely. "Thank you so much" don't cry don't cry.

I hugged Ashlee and Camila. "Thank you guys" I walked off the stage

"Let's continue this party" my Ma's little cousins and siblings ran to me and started patting the puppy.

"Y/n can I hold her?" Asked Regina. I nodded I handed the puppy to her she was sticking her tongue out at the puppy

"Y/n" I smiled at Regina then turned around but my smile vanished.

"Lauren?"

I'm back I was just very sick yesterday. :) everything is good.