Pregnant Part 2

This is an immediate continuation from the last Short story titled "Pregnant". You don't have to read it before reading this one but it is suggested.

      Rhys held me close and wouldn't let me go. I suppose the instincts to protect me were already kicking in. He started kissing my jaw and my mouth. "Rhys," I said with a smirk. "We have to go get ready for lunch."
   "Do we have to go? I don't think I can do it. I hope you know I am going to go insane with the instinct to protect you from anything. I'm sorry already."
  He seemed genuinely upset that he would be protective of me. I loved him.
    I ran my fingers through his hair as I said, "I don't mind. As long as you still let me go everywhere with you."
   "Of course. I might coddle you but never will I lock you up. I promise."
    "I trust you. But just in case," I grabbed his chin and forced him to look at me. "just in case you feel like you should, I am commanding you as High Lady of the Night Court that you must keep me by your side."
   "Of course my High Lady." He returned with a smirk and a simple bow of his head.
  "Okay. Let's go get ready for lunch, okay? I am starving!"
   He laughed. "I guess you are feeding for two now!"
   "This is going to be hard, Rhys."
   "What is going to be hard?" He sat up immediately and had concern in his eyes.
   "Oh, well, you know. Having to take care of two babies now. I'm still figuring out how to take care of you." I beamed at him and he barked a laugh at me.
                                      *****
  At lunch we met our inner circle. Of course, Elain, Nesta, and Lucien were now added, whether we liked it or not. It was okay though because Elain most definitely tied down Lucien and Cassian had a leash on Nesta. When we winnowed onto the beautiful mountain top in Velaris, Rhys grabbed my waist and snarled at Cassian as he came closer to greet us.
  "Woah, calm down, Rhys. I understand you're Feyre's mate but she is our family too B-T-W." Cassian said, throwing his hands up in the air.
     "Yeah, Rhys, calm the frick down over there. What is wrong with you." Mor added.
  Rhysand was struggling and I could feel it through our mating bond. He was trying his hardest, because of course, this was our family, but we did not want to tell anyone yet that I was with child. We both agreed to wait unless it came up during lunch.
   We all stood around the table, taking our chairs. We sat down and as Amren snapped her fingers, food appeared. Tons of delicious food.
  I ended up selecting noodles, chicken, rice, potatoes, and some bread for my plate. Everyone took so much food and before we could start eating, it was all gone. It was the best food I have ever had.
   "So," Cassian said, eyeing Rhys and I. "Why does Mr over protective have such a sir attitude? Care to tell?"
   "No, not really." Rhys replied Swiftly.
I really did not want to talk about this yet. I was so early that no one except for my mate could smell it on me and I wanted some time for Rhys and I to enjoy and cherish the fact that I was pregnant with our first child. It was something to be excited about.
"Are you sure? I don't know why you're so upset. Everything is okay." Amren said.
"I am fine, Amren! We are just tired." Rhys raised his voice just a little bit.
    "Are we ready for dessert?" Mor awkwardly added in.
"Yes. I am starving." Classian agreed.
   "You're starving? You just ate!" I laughed at him.
                                      ~~~
   "Should we tell them tonight?" Rhys asked me.
   "I mean- I didn't want to but we can't keep it a secret much longer. They will smell it on me and we will both go insane." I replied.
    I sat on his lap in the bath. The water was warm and filled with bubbles upon bubbles. After the lunch we had three days ago, we have been doing our best to avoid the inner circle. Rhsyand was going insanely territorial. He snarled at the wall when I stubbed my toe and he cursed the cake when I didn't think it tasted good. I was enjoying watching him go crazy- but that was my little secret. All for me- he did this all for me.
   I ran my fingers through his black hair and looked into this violet eyes that I loved.
   "You're beautiful." He said to me.
  "Our children are going to love you. You are going to be the best father." I murmured, leaning in to rest my forehead on his.
   "How do you know?" Worry filled his voice.
   "Because you are so good to me. You are so good to the inner circle and you love em. You are worth more than anything. I love you."
   "I love you too."
  "Let's tell them tonight." I whispered.
   He agreed.
                                 ~~~~~
   We all gathered for dinner again, this time at the house of Wind.
   "Have you calmed your tits yet, Rhys?" Cassian teased.
Rhysand snarled softly and squeezed my hand.
We were nervous. We both knew that being pregnant meant that our children would be hunted for their whole lives and they would also be the most important things in the world. They would be so strong with our powers.
   Everyone took their place at the table and we still stood.
   "Before we eat Feyre and I have something we want to say." His violet eyes look to me for reassurance.
   "Well- Rhys and I- okay. I am Pregnant."
I let it out.
   Everyone stared. No one said anything until Mor let out a shuddering sob.
   "This is amazing." She said. All at once everyone in our inner circle stood and bowed to us. To our unborn child.
    Even Azriel was in tears. It was a great thing.
This was the beginning of a long journey.

Okay. That's part 2.
~Eleanor