Chapter 15 | Aria

Friday, January 17, 2020

"But honestly, this is so weird

"But honestly, this is so weird." Lindsey shook her head as we strapped into our seats on the plane. I was yawning loudly the entire time, and there was no way that I was going to listen to her continue to ramble about how amazing airports were and how much she wished she had been on one before this point in her life.

"Linds, I love you to pieces, but please shut up about the plane." Leslie finally said as she pulled out her book, "I am absolutely terrified of heights and would like to forget that I'm even on a plane right now."

"I'm sorry, I forgot." Lindsey replied, "I'll shut up about it."

After a few seconds of silence as the three of us gathered our phones, chargers, earbuds, books, and laptops together on our laps, I felt both of them turn towards me. This was also the exact moment that I realized how stupid I had been to sit in the middle of the three-person row.

"So are you nervous about seeing Brenden?" Lindsey was the first to speak. "I mean, it must be really weird to have to go and see him, of all people."

"Honestly Linds, I'm just trying not to think about it, and especially not at 7:00 in the morning." I settled back into my seat, closing my eyes as the seatbelt light went on above my head. "I just want to sleep through this flight and pray that I won't have to see his face at all."

"Oh come on, Ar, that's just not realistic." Leslie's voice came from my left. "He's probably on the welcoming committee or something, you know how obsessed he is with you! He's going to do everything he possibly can to see you as soon as possible."

I opened my eyes as turned towards her.

"And that is why I need you two to try and keep me as far away from him as possible, at least for the first few days. I don't want him distracting me from the reason I'm there."

"Of course." Lindsey said as Leslie nodded. "We will be right by your side the entire time." She took out her phone. "Now, let me get in one last tweet before the plane takes off!"

 "Now, let me get in one last tweet before the plane takes off!"