Camping

RhileyS
Riley's POV;
   I put down my lamp in the tent and spread out my blue sleeping bag. I lay down in my bag and shiver. We were on one of our "Monthly Family Camping" trips. I wasn't always a fan. Mostly because it's super cold during the night and I'd rather be inside, nice and warm. But no, I had to sleep on the cold, hard ground in the outdoors.
I roll to my side, trying to get comfortable. But the more I toss and turn, the more I feel like I was laying on a rock. I sit up, annoyed, and open the flap of my tent. A cool breeze rushes in, and I close my eyes trying to relax myself. I shiver, again. Too cold. I roll my eyes and I catch a glimpse of a spider trying to crawl inside my tent.
   "Heck no!"
   I scream and quickly grab my shoe. I squeeze my eyes shut and slap my shoe against the ground, not paying attention to where I was hitting. I slowly open my eyes to see the spider quickly crawling out of the tent. I smile to myself, proud that I'd scared it off. I lay back down and quickly fall asleep.
                                                                            * * *
   I twitched in my sleep, trying to itch something while I was still unconscious. I raised my hand to my face trying to scratch but instantly getting a handful of something boney and almost prickly. I squirmed around, eventually waking up of discomfort. I open my eyes, only to see a big, black, hairy spider hovering over my eye.
   I didn't move. Panic started to erupt inside me. The spider started crawling down my face, each step itching me more and more. I try not touch it, but it makes its way past my ear and onto my hair.
   That's when I snapped.
   I screamed and swiped it off my head, watching it scurry away from me. I cringe my teeth together and grab my shoe. This time, with my eyes open, I smash the ugly critter. Whack!! It's insides squished all over the bottom of my shoe. I sigh with relief, briefly closing my eyes until I see shadows moving from outside my tent, except it's growing from all sides. These shadows had eight legs. They were spiders.
   Hundreds of thousands of big spiders started covering every inch of the outside of the tent. My breath was heavy and I felt like I was going to hyperventilate. But that's when I realized, I left the flap open from when I tried to hit that first spider.
   The black, boney spiders started pouring in my tent. Getting closer to me by the second. My breath quickened as I scooted to the back of my tent, not knowing what to do. The spiders started crawling up my legs and into my hair, biting me over and over again.

   I woke up in the hospital a week after that

Not proofread. Sorry, I haven't been updating lately.😬