☾hapter 4- What the hell?

Warnings- Toxic behavior and abuse (please read the story introduction chapter for more explanation)

My confidence begins to twindle as we walk out the doors into the open cafeteria. Round tables sat between a long path one side larger than the other yet no one crossed only intertwining to get to the food line.

The room is loud and yet tension lingers thickly in the air making me swallow as the room now seems dimmer than this morning making me hesitate.

It is far more packed than when I first arrived causing my heart to quicken, my shortness of breath begins gripping inside my chest making me lock up.

My own feet stopping against my will.

My actions get Shadow's attention as he stops with me a look of concern is quick to take over his expression as I grasp my bag strap.

"Hey-" he begins making me feel myself descend into anxiety, the worry from my dad of starting school so soon after moving in making me curse the past me for deciding to get it over and done with.

I thought I had grown out of the attacks.

"Er sorry" I say eyeing the cafeteria as if feeling eyes on me before looking up to Shadow whose brows furrow as people walk around us to get in and out making my stomach drop even further "I forgot I have to call my dad" I excuse quick to pull my phone out as if to prove that was my next course of action.

"So I should go do that-" I say hating myself further but he relaxes nodding in understanding yet his eyes look reluctant to leave me making my stress start to spike even more.

"That is fine" he tries to soothe "go out those doors over there they will lead you outside to the car park" he explains but my eyes go to the way I came in this morning instead "We can't use the receptionist way unfortunately... school rules" he explains "but go and when you come back I'll keep a look out for you then I can walk you to your next class"

I nod in appreciation at that watching him walk away to near the back tables but deciding not to linger and watch him like a creep I turn hesitantly going through unfamiliar doors that in fact do take me out to the parking lot.

Stepping outside I see glass from large windows of school classrooms some students sit inside talking buoyantly making me walk a bit further away from the school to seek privacy when I see the bike shelter.

Starting my walk over I unlock my phone unaware of the presence behind me until it's too late.

I hiss swearing as my back hits a metal rack almost tripping back over a green bike that was tilted when locked.

"What the f-" I begin to say and yet I jolt cutting myself off as a warm hand stops me from falling back. Electricity instantly shoots up my arm making the pain from the pole fade in my spine as the smell in History hits me tenfold the chocolate mint much more stronger now making my nose twitch as I look up.

My heart stops as I look up brown eyes almost raven glaring down at me like pray making me freeze before our earlier interaction in the class flash in my mind making me quick to stand on my feet.

"What the hell?!" I snap knowing he pushed me yet he doesn't reply eyeing me as if taking me all in making me scoff.

I go to push him back but both his hands are quick to grab my arms to stop me his chest almost vibrating against mine as he growls.

"Mine"

Did he seriously just growl at me?

Has he taken drugs?