𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

Two years passed since Everly went from an orphan to a pirate and became the official navigator of the Jolly Roger. Every member of the crew treated her as an equal, somewhat. They taught the young girl a lot about the sea and what it meant to be a pirate. Every day was a whole new adventure. The one thing she loved more than her newfound freedom was spending time with Killian, the two of them growing closer than either of them had ever imagined.

It all started one night when the navigator and the captain were working and looking over the new maps Everly drew in the latter's quarters. Their work discussions quickly turned into casual conversations before they started sharing their life stories without even realizing it. While the young girl's tale was very short and vague, Killian's past was the most interesting story the blonde had ever heard and she held on to every word of it. He began by telling her about how, like Everly, was abandoned as a child along with his older brother Liam before they became members of a king's navy, which resulted in their king's betrayal and Liam's death a few months ago.

What made both of their lives even better on the Jolly Roger was the newest addition to their crew. A woman by the name of Milah. She and Killian met a few weeks ago and she has traveled with the crew of the Jolly Roger ever since. The woman treated Everly as her own child and became the first maternal figure the young girl ever had. Similar to how she got closer to Killian, Everly and Milah bonded over their life stories, which resulted in the younger pirate learning the raven-haired woman was married to Rumplestiltskin, the famous coward of the Ogre War. Through her stories, Everly also discovered that Milah had a son around her age named Baelfire, who she regrets leaving but would never bring into a life like this.

────── ★★★ ──────

"So why did you choose to come with us?" Everly asked Milah as the two of them lay on the deck and look up at the stars while the rest of the crew went to the pub to enjoy themselves.

"I wanted adventure and freedom, and, most importantly, I wanted to start over," Milah replied with her eyes staying glued to the night sky above her as a small smile formed on her face.

"I'm glad you chose to come. I don't know if I would be able to put up with all these guys without you."

"Yes, you would have. You are brave, smart, and loyal. You don't need me, I need you."

Just as the two finished sharing a smile, a loud crash came from somewhere on the other side of the Jolly Roger. The sound caused the two women to unsheathe the swords on then belts before making their way toward the source of the sound. The darkness that surrounded them made it difficult for them to even see a few feet in front of them before Everly let out a long sigh as she closed her eyes to listen to the sounds of the sea.