07. happiness

Made by Shey_kha  

"Higher Scarlett! Your legs need to be straight!" Mrs

"Higher Scarlett! Your legs need to be straight!" Mrs. Jackson my ballet teacher yelled.

My first day back and I haven't been able to focus, due to what I had witness earlier today. I still couldn't believe Ava and JJ would do this to me. Let's put it one way: it's just gross. The thought of my brother and my best friend together made me literally want to barf.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Jackson it's my first day back, I'm a little rusty if you know what I mean." I sighed wiping the sweat off my forehead.

She shook her head with a smile formed on her lips. "It's alright Scarlett, we have all missed you. I'm happy you're better."

Mrs. Jackson knows what happened. Of course she does she's like my second mother, she's always been there for me. I love her to shreds, she's one of the only people who actually care about me. That's why I'm so happy she was able to give me a private class in another studio.

It's not like my parents were too pleased about the whole situation. Although Mrs. Jackson wasn't she was there for me. Unlike my busy parents who don't think twice about if I'm doing alright. Sometimes I think their life would be easier without me. I've tried to run away multiple times. But every single time I would never succeed. JJ would always find me and bring me back. It was honestly pointless. I was being a stupid reckless teenager.

"Okay, start with your Arabesque." Mrs. Jackson said calmly.

I nodded and tugged a piece of hair that had fallen out of my bun behind my ear. Slowly, I rose my right leg behind my body leaving me on one foot.

After awhile, I put my leg down and sighed. "Mrs. Jackson?" She looked at me, "Can I use the washroom? I'll be right back."

"Sure Scarlett, just hurry back we have a lot of work to do." She smiled at me.

"Of course Mrs. Jackson." I said as I quickly headed toward the dressing room. I snapped my head back to see if Mrs. Jackson was watching me. When I saw that she wasn't, I opened the dressing room door and quickly slid myself inside. I let out a long sigh and ran my hands down the length of my face. I walked over toward my bag and grabbed it. I was a very curious person and maybe that wasn't a good thing.

I finally found the black leather book that I was looking for. I ran my fingers over it then slowly opened the diary.

"I know I'm an asshole. It's just kind of how I am when I first meet people, and I know it's very wrong but that's just who I am. Over the past year I've definitely change for the worst. Blake, Katie, and Dad can see it in me. Ever since she left. . . it's been hard for all of us.

On another note I've been worried about Alex. He's told me what he's done, and I've told him to stop. I just can't understand what is wrong with him anymore. I just might have to make him stop."

~J.W

"Scarlett! You sure are taking a long time to use the washroom." Mrs. Jackson called from outside the door. I almost dropped the diary out of my hands.

Wow. . . that was intense, I had a lot of questions that were now unanswered. "I'm coming!" I yelled back.

---

Ballet practice had gone pretty slow but I wasn't complaining. I love ballet with all my heart.

Right after practice I had grabbed my phone from my bag and mentally cursed when I saw thirty miss calls from JJ and Ava. Serves them right anyway. I didn't really want to talk to them right now. I'll deal with it later.

I threw my phone in my bag. Took and a quick shower and walked out to my car.

"Scar!" Ava yelled from behind me. I could recognize her voice from anywhere. I snapped my head around to see a worried expression written all over her face. "Yes Ava?" I asked as if nothing had happened.

She raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Let me explain please! We were going to tell you!"

"I don't want to talk about it. Do whatever you want, I can't stop you." I paused getting into my car. "I have to get home and do some homework, it's getting late."

Just like that I drove off. I felt kind of bad, there are probably a lot of things I don't know. But that still doesn't give them the right to lie to my face. I remember at school when I asked Ava about JJ she denied that anything was wrong. Now, I find out that there's a secret relationship going on between them. No way is that going to help her case. This must all be a joke, I mean come on! Why Ava and JJ? I could have sworn he told me he had a girlfriend.

I pulled up into my driveway and saw that JJ's car was there. Maybe I should talk to him he could probably explain. There's always a story behind everything.

"JJ!" I yelled walking into my house and closing the door behind me. "I need to talk to you, about what happened." I paused waiting for him response.

He came running down the stairs. "Scarlett, please let me explain before you jump to conclusions!"

"Okay... then explain." I sighed.

"Okay, a few months ago before summer I meet Ava and well.."

"And well what JJ? Ava's seventeen!" I yelled back. "I can't believe- you know what it doesn't matter. Do whatever you want just leave Ava out of it!" Maybe it was love? Who am I to stand in their way of happiness. I of all people should know how much happiness means to people. I let out a loud sigh. "Whatever I don't care, and you clearly don't care about my feelings so do whatever you want ." I said calmly.

JJ's face softened as he took a deep breath. "Thanks for understanding Scar." He said and I gave him a sideways look. I didn't understand anything, they could have told me if they really had feelings for eachother.

"I don't understand anything JJ." I mumbled under my breath, "I'm going to go talk to Ava. This isn't okay and I hope you know that, but Ava is my best friend and I have to fix this."

I just wanted to talk to Ava because I don't understand why she couldn't just have told me what was going on. But most of all JJ should have known better, Ava is much younger then he is.

I walked up to my room and closed the door. I jumped onto my bed and pulled my phone out of my bag. "Hey Ava, can I talk to you?"

"Sure," She said quietly into the phone.

"I'm really sorry about everything." I confessed. "But you should of just told me. If you would have told me before I wouldn't have been so upset when I found out for myself."

"No Scar, I'm really sorry for what JJ and I did behind your back. You don't deserve any of it, and if you need time to think I don't blame you at all. Just remember that you're my best friend and I can't lose you. Please forgive me, I love you too much."

"Maybe, I don't know I just need time I think about all of this."

We said our goodbyes and I hang up the phone. 

Then I remembered the diary.

---
AN
I hope you guys like this chapter it's longer!!! Btw this is gonna be one of the last chapters until after Christmas and the holidays!! Happy holidays.

Like, comment, and share!!!