Chapter 11[Edited]

"Okay, I'm all ears," Nick said, giving her full attention.

He couldn't deny that many things were racing through his mind. 

Kate let out a nervous sigh before she spoke. "Um, I've been battling with how I would tell you this for so long and how you would take this, I love you too much and I know that you deserve to know everything. Nick I ----" 

Nick hushed her by taking her hands and giving them a gentle squeeze. " Kate?" He earned her eyes then. " Whatever makes you comfortable, I am all ears. I won't go anywhere, I'm here for you."

She let out a breath, despite how nervous she felt, his words helped ease the tension a bit.

She tried again, this time with determination to voice out everything. " What I'm about to tell you is something very personal and it is a very sensitive topic to me. This is about my past and how it still  has a sense of hold on me."

There, she said it. This was a start. 

Nick knew that after she'd said this, he had to better prepare himself in that moment, for whatever Kate was about to tell him. He understood how serious this was, when he was reminded about a time when Kate almost freaked out when he'd asked about her past. He could tell from that moment, that something had happened in her past that caused such a reaction from her.

"So, before you met me, I had another life. I wasn't always Kate as you know me now. I lived under a different name."

Nick frowned a little when he heard this, but he listened on. " I've been trying to move on from all that reminded me of this life, but I don't think it's possible when I haven't shared everything with you. I know that once I tell you, I can finally be unchained from the chains that made me unspoken for a long time." 

She couldn't keep eye contact for long as she spoke, but made sure to glance at him every now and then. In some sense, she wanted the reassurance that he was taking in all the information she laid out to him. She could tell by his posture that he was a little nervous to hear the rest but was willing to listen. 

"I know that I never spoke about my parents, but always mentioned my aunt and uncle."

Nick nodded. 

" The truth is that I lost my mother when I was small and it was a heavy hit to both my dad and I. As young as I was, I had to be a witness to the hardship my father faced, he couldn't bear the pain, as anyone in his place would feel. What I hadn't realised was how far this loss had affected his mental state of mind and how it changed him in a very big way." It had been such a long time since Kate had shared her story, she couldn't deny that this was still an overwhelming thing to do.

Nick tried to not let his imagination run too far and imagine the worst. The thought of the worst kind of pain happening to the love of his life, would pierce so heavily in his heart.

"No child should see their parent go through that kind of pain. The loss of a loved one is never easy, I can't imagine little Kate going through such pain." He said, kissing her hand.

" You can stop if it gets too hard for you, I will understand." He continued to say, his tone sounding so gentle that it made her heart flutter.

She shook her head. " No, I want to tell you everything. "

" Okay," he nodded, encouraging her to continue.

" At some point, he turned into someone I could not recognize anymore. He became distant, hard and very cold. There were times where I could spot that glimpse of my father, the sweet and sensitive guy. Honestly, I could not keep up with his mood swings and expressions. Nothing made sense to me and I tried to figure out what was going on. Lets just say once I did, the truth was far from being pretty."