moments

At the time, I thought that it was just my mother coming in the house after a long day at work. I was chomping on a large, salty bowl of popcorn scrolling through my phone. I wouldn't consider it a healthy habit, admiring old pictures of your first love, your only love. Reagan and I were the perfect couple, we still could be. However, it wasn't my mother, nor anyone that I knew, their footsteps were heavy and intentional. As a result, I turned around the face the mystery man, and received a sharp blow to the face and a stabbing sensation in my upper arm.

I woke up in an foreign place, smelling of rust and cigarette smoke. My memory was foggy and uncertain, my last memory being the cheesy smiles of Reagan and I on my phone, smiling at her stomach. The backs of my knees were sore, and my biceps were rubbed raw, likely from someone attempting to drag me around. The room was too dark to observe my surroundings, so I was left my own devices. At this point, I didn't see a reason to try and find my way out, mostly because my right hand was tethered to a chair. Unfortunately, that same chair was bolted to the ground.

Of course, sitting in an unoccupied room, tied up and obviously in deep trouble, my mind could only wander to Reagan. She was the most beautiful of girls, and my girlfriend for a total of eight months for a time, a year and a half ago. The mere thought of this girl sent butterflies rushing through my body and a grin plopped firmly on my face. Followed by afterthoughts and bitter memories, promptly wiping it off. Our history prevented us from ever having a future; there are some issues that aren't capable of being fixed. Some things are irreparable, and it doesn't help when it's your own fault. No matter how much I believed in this fact, I couldn't avoid my brain wandering to better times.

"Li-aahm! I'm going to find you; you can't hide from me for long. Especially when I'm on my period and craving the delicious taste of Starbucks in my mouth, at this very moment. I suggest evacuating from your hiding spot before I call your mother," the sixteen year old hormonal teenage girl threatened the boy.

"Okay, okay. You know I love you right?"

"Yes, sure, sure. Now give me my Starbucks baby!"

She sipped on the iced drink, likely costing more than six dollars, and sighed in relief.

"You know, if I could make coffee this good, I would never fall asleep. And I mean literally never," Reagan rambled on.

The two teenagers wandered across the hallways of the mansion belonging to the Thomas' into Reagan's organized room. They laid on the white fluffy comforter on her bed and huffed.

"You know, Rea, it would be so much easier if we didn't have any responsibilities. I want to enjoy my teenage years with you. Hang out, party, drive around without any destination. I want to live, now. Not when I'm seventy years old, wrinkly, and retired," Liam looked the girl in the eyes.

"Don't you ever feel like that?"

"Yes, but sometimes I also feel like I could eat 28 chicken nuggets. So I don't know if my opinion is very valid," Reagan trailed off. "But, at the same time, I don't think that I even have an opinion or voice in my future anyways. I'm a Thomas! Wow, what an accomplishment, I was born into a rich family, whoopee," her voice laced with sarcasm as brutal as venom.

"Well, I'll love you whether you're forced into a horrible job, or if we're both broke hobos on the street, babe. However, if you grow a beard . . ."

"Oh, shut up," Reagan chirped, smacking Liam across the arm.

The two teenagers gazed into each other's eyes and Liam leaned in, locking their lips. The space between them exploded; any inch was too far. Their pulses raced; there was not a force in the universe that could keep them apart. Hearts pumped love through their veins, memorizing the other's' body, drinking in the moments.

Because the moments wouldn't last forever.

okay, i'm going to admit it; it's kinda an uneventful prologue, but it hints towards things to come..

also, short&sweet, pls forgive me

i'm super excited :)

( disclaimer : there may or may not be cajillions of parks&rec gifs included in this story )

qotc : favorite binge-worthy 'flix show?

a : okay if you can't guess this, go up like 2 lines and check out the gif

alrighty, that's it for now,

xo,

liv