Chapter no.40

Corinne's POV:-

"C'mon Leah......you are the one who is always up for more fun. Just take Dylan with you and come." My behaviour was astounding even to myself.

"Are you sure you're not drunk or something?" I scoffed at her.
"What do you think?" I said.

I heard a sigh down the line and sound of shuffling in the background.
"I think she's pretty decent babe." Dylan added his opinion into our conversation.

"Do me a favour Dylan and please bring her to the Town's Friday night okay?"
"Sure. See you soon girl." Dylan said. I ended the call.

I shuffled around fixing the cushions on the couches repeatedly and looking around to see if everything was in place. The food was heating in the oven and I was waiting for Mariano to arrive.

Deciding that I should probably get ready for a decent lunch, I went on with taking a quick round in the shower and blow-dried my hair before slipping on some casual clothing.

Mariano was someone I was looking forward to see.

I trudged down the stairs as the knock on the door resounded through the empty halls.
I swung open the door to see the ever-smiling Mariano looking as good as ever.

"How do you pull that off?" He asked slowly detaching himself from his position against the wall

"Sorry?" I asked opening the door wider.

"You look simple but so beautiful."
I smiled to myself.
I mean I'm a girl right. Every girl would love to hear compliments especially if it's Mariano Di Vaio giving them.

"Seriously Mariano quit with the flirting now." I smirked.
He rolled his eyes playfully.
"Tell me it's not working."

"I hate to break it to you but it isn't." I retorted.

His jaw dropped.
"C'mon in. You're such a drama queen." He chuckled before landing on my couch.
"Nice place." He commented.

I dropped on the couch next to him.
"Lunch is ready if you want to get this over with." I said.
"I'm in no hurry Rin." He said smiling.