Chapter 2

It's been 10 minutes now that I am stuck in Delhi traffic.

"Aur Kitna Time lagega Bhaiya? (How much more time will it take?)" I asked my Driver.

"Bas Didi 20 minute aur (It will only take 20 minutes more sister)" he replied.

I quickly messaged Maya and informed her that I'll be there soon.

I then started thinking about the party. I'm working in Rathore Group as their Head Designer. Rathore Group is owned by my father's best friend Sanjay Rathore. His wife died few years back due to some illness. My dad asked me to join his company but I wanted to start out on my own and joined my current office after clearing my interview.

My uncle told me that he'll give me the job without any formalities but I told him I want it on my own credibility and not on any family favours. My dad and him both respected my decision.

I did my studies in Interior Designing in London and after finishing it I applied in Rathore Group not because its owned by my uncle but because it is the number one company in india for Interiors. I have been working there for a year now under Sanjay uncle's only son Siddharth Rathore.

Just his name is enough to give me tingles. With his black eyes, jet black hair and chiselled physique, he's every girl's dream guy. I know he is mine.

I have known Siddharth since my childhood. We used to play together my sister, him and I. Antara Di and him are of same age and they used to spend more time together. Aarav was very small that time and played with kids his age.

I always knew that he was the one for me since I was eight years old. His smile always used to melt my heart and his touch gave me butterflies.

I gave him my heart when I was 8 and he was 11 years old. I was running in the park and fell so hard that I busted my knee. It hurt so much and I was crying hysterically. I looked for my parents and siblings but couldn't find them and I couldn't even move. Then I saw him Siddharth, he came near me and asked what happened. After his question instead of answering I started crying more loudly. He saw my knee and looked at me in concern. He then wiped my tears and told me everything will be fine. He was so gentle and when my eyes met his I forgot everything. My knee, my pain, my surroundings I just kept on staring into his black eyes. I stopped crying and just stared at his beautiful face. He then hugged me and I was so shocked as my heart started beating louder and I hoped he didn't hear it. Wherever he touched me it tingled. He told me that he'll call our families and will be back in a minute. I didn't hear anything and not understood a word he said. When he started going away from me it hurt even more than my injury. I was about to get up on my own when I saw him coming back with my parents and his but I only had eyes for him. Seeing him again all my pain vanished.

My dad picked me up and took me to the doctor. Siddharth accompanied us and held my hand the whole time. I was so touched and at that time amongst all the confusion of my heart  I understood what my feelings meant.

I liked him. My knight in shining armour.

The moment was just so cliche. As the time went by my feelings for him grew from like to Love. I loved spending time with him and looking at him.

But as we started getting older he started drifting apart. He got busy with his studies, we talked less and didn't meet as often. When he turned 18 he left for US for his higher studies. Though we met at parties at stuff but it was never the same. It was as if we were never even friends. We didn't stay in touch. Never talked never met.

He took over his father's business 2 years back and has achieved so much success in those 2 years and made the company number 1 in India. Now he's planning to expand the company overseas and I'm sure he'll succeed there as well.

I have been working under him and except for the usual hi's and hello's we never really talk much unless it's related to any project we are working on together.

I always try to grab his attention somehow and try to talk to him but he never looks at me the way I look at him. And this year at the annual party I don't want him to see me as the 8 year old girl with pigtails and broken front teeth, I want him to notice the woman I have now become. That's why I'm going to go all out tomorrow.

Siddharth just wait and watch.

I was still thinking about his smile, his face when I heard my Driver saying "Didi aa gaye mall" (We have reached the mall)

"Accha aap ghar jao aur jab main call karu toh aap lene aa Jana" (Okay you go home and when I call you come here to pick me up)

He nodded and left. I called Maya to ask her where she is and she told me that she's waiting for me in the food court. She knows me so well. I love food and since I hadn't had any breakfast I was very hungry. Just the thought of food made my mouth water.

First food and then anything else. Pizzas, Burgers here I come.

________________________________
A/N:

Pic of Siddharth above 🔝

Second chapter done. In the next chapter you'll meet Maya. The story will pick up speed and become more interesting as the time goes by.

Please stick to it and give me some feedback.