Chapter 5

I did most of my work and left some for tomorrow to complete. Looking at my phone I saw that it was already 4pm. I thought of going home and getting ready for tonight.

I came out of my room and saw that Siddharth had already left. He could have informed me before leaving. He doesn't even care about me a bit.

I got a bit depressed thinking about it. Pushing these thoughts at the back of my mind I left for home. After parking the car at my house, I got out and went inside. I saw Aarav watching football match on TV. I joined him and asked "Who's playing?"

"Oh you're back. The match is between Manchester United and Manchester City" He answered.

"Man U will win" I teased him knowing he was a big fan of Man City.

"In your dreams Di" He sang.

We were watching the match when he suddenly said "You excited for tonight?" My heart skipped a bit. Does he know about my plan? Does he know about my feelings for Siddharth? I started panicking but maintained my composure on the outside.

"Why will I be? Its just a regular party like every year" I said.

Just to keep myself busy I picked up the bowl of popcorn kept at the table and started stuffing my mouth with it.

"Don't you know what's going to happen tonight?" He asked with confusion.

"Why? What's going to happen?" I asked in curiosity and still wondering if he knows anything?

"Today's a big day as Anta.." He got interrupted by mom who entered the room and said "Anika go and get ready for the party. It's already 8"

"Yes mom I'm going but first let Aarav complete what he was saying" I told her.

"Now Anika Singh" She said in her stern voice using my full name.

"Okay okay I'm going. Chill" I said sheepishly and left. But I heard my brother muttering something under his breath which sounded like Boy are you gonna be surprised?!

I went in my room thinking about what just happened. First Antara Di, then Siddharth and now Aarav, why are they all being so weird and secretive today. Whatever I'll face it the party. Now I have to get ready.

I went to take a quick shower and washed my hair with my favourite strawberry shampoo which left me smelling like strawberries. I quickly blowdried my hair and wore my dress which hugged me in all the right places. I then took out my red stilettos from Jimmy Choo and wore them.

I quickly rushed towards the dressing table and did my makeup taking my time with it. After I was satisfied with it, I made a messy bun with my hair leaving few strands to frame my face. To finish the look I applied a bold red lipstick complementing my natural makeup. I spritzed my perfume and looked at my reflection feeling quite happy with it.

I messaged Maya asking when she'll be here to pick me and got her reply instantly that she's reaching in 10 minutes. I took my golden clutch keeping some money and my phone in it. I left my room and entered the living room to see my family gaping at me.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked them consciously.

"You look beautiful" mom said with tears in her eyes, my dad and Aarav nodded their head in agreement.

I thanked them feeling a bit shy and I was about to say something when I heard a car honking outside.

"Mom, Dad Maya is here. I'll see you guys at the party. Bye" I informed them and left in a hurry.

I saw Maya sitting in the passenger seat waving like a maniac and Aditya was smiling at me . After greeting and complementing them both I sat in the car.