Chapter 16

I wake up to the sounds of pans and music from the kitchen.

I sit up and stretch, looking around. There's a sharp pain that runs from my eyebrows, around and to the back of my neck. I assume this is due to the amount of stress from yesterday.

I slowly stand up and slide my feet across the floor, picking them up as I get closer to the kitchen. I begin walking more softly and quietly peeking into the kitchen.

Jaxon's back is facing me and I lean against the wall, watching him wash up the supplies he used and attempt to find the places they belong.

An empty measuring cup with a stack full of pancakes sits on the counter next to him, and he sets the last bowl back where it goes, making his way back to the stove.

"Morning."

He turns like a deer caught in headlights, then softens his expression giving me a smile, "Morning."

"What- uh- what are you doing?" I raise an eyebrow at the powder on his shirt and make my way to the bar, sitting on a stool.

"I know you had a rough day yesterday so I thought I'd let you sleep in and make you some breakfast."

I watch him pour the batter into a pan and wait for it to cook.

"Sleep well?"

I nod and he grins, "So I did a great job in being a pillow?"

I roll my eyes and he laughs, "You know, you mumble in your sleep."

"I do not!" I squeal, opening my mouth in disbelief. My parents always said I did and that I spoke in my sleep, but I always assumed they said it to purposely mess with me.

"It's cute actually," He flips the pancake and glances over his shoulder with a smile showing his teeth, "You also don't appreciate me tickling your nose. It was great to watch you continuously scrunch it."

I chuckle, "Excuse me for being uncomfortable with someone touching my nose while I sleep."

I cross my arms, watching him stay focused on the stove, "You also-"

"Are you done?" I interrupt, feeling attacked.

He shoots a smirk and flips the pancake out of the pan and pour another down, "Yes, I'm done."

I take time to concentrate on the music he's listening to and bite my lip, not taking him for the soft type of music guy, "What is this song?" I ask innocently as he sets the last pancake on top of the stack and shuts the stove.

"Over and Over Again."

I pull my eyebrows together not recognizing it, "By who?"

"Nathan Sykes."
He tilts his head slightly, giving me a serious expression, "Do you wanna dance?"

I scoff, "Excuse me?"

"I asked if you wanted to dance."

I shake my head and chuckle, "I don't dance."

He gives a look of hurt, "You don't dance? Or you just don't dance with me?"

I look away for a quick second, "Okay, I've never been asked to dance."

He holds out a hand and I stand up, crossing my arms, "Jaxon, we're not doing this."

He keeps his hand out and looks down at it, then back at me, "Brooklyn, we are absolutely doing this."

I cringe, but give in, "If I injure you, it's all your fault."

"It's not my fault butterfly, it's my pleasure."