《One》

(Greta & Gunther Gator^^^)

       A young brunette, about the age of nine, ran through the deserted town that was once known as the famous Gatorsburg. Her feet were bloody and raw from the lack of shoes. Her breath came out in ragged, shallow huffs. "Get back here, you brat!"

       Running after the child, were her foster parents and foster brother. "You little piece of shit!" Please let someone be here! Please! "You'll get tired soon enough, bitch!" The girl's eyes scanned the scenery. Her eyes widened slightly, a ghost of a smile crossing her lips. A person!

       Not too far up ahead, was a young man, looking about seventeen, in a maroon suit, a red bow tied loosely under the collar of his white dress shirt, and whose burgundy hair covered his right eye. The girl sped up, ignoring her feet, which screamed out in protest with her every step. When she was close enough, she tackled the young man, the girl's momentum being the key factor in pushing the young man down. "H-hey!"

         "Please, Mister," she whispered into his ear, "don't believe what they tell you. They abuse me." She hugged his body tightly, barely holding back her tears. The girl's words made the young man's eyes turn to saucers. "We're so sorry, sir!"

       The man blinked, then stared up at the trio of people, propping himself up with his hands, the girl still tightly wound around his middle. "Our little... angel saw a bat, and got scared." The man took his time, and raked his eyes suspiciously up and down each person. Their body languages were a mix of rage -not towards him, but the young girl- and worry, not the caring kind, and their eyes were flooded with anxiety. Liars.

       "Alright, madam. But first, I should bandage up this girl's feet. I will return shortly." The young man had a strange accent, the girl noticed. He pulled the girl from around his middle, holding her quivering form bridal-style. The young man carried her into a nearby station, taking her to a back room.

       "My name is Gunther, Gunther Gator. Don't worry; I won't let those horrid people leave with you." He pulled out a small, burgundy cellphone and punched in a number. "Hello?" asked a gruff voice on the other end of the line. "Uncle Grady, we have a few uninvited guests outside of the gas station."

       "Why can't you take care of it? Huh?" "I'll explain later, Uncle. Please, just take care of them." "Alright. I'll be there soon." Gunther hung up and tucked the cellphone into his back pocket. "No matter what you hear, stay quiet. Alright?" The girl nodded silently, still petrified by the fact that her "family" almost caught her.

"RAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRR!"

       Gunther snickers. "He's here~."