Chapter 13

I heard something shake in the forest around us and I was instantly awoken.

While I was concerned as to what the noise was, I couldn't help but be embarrassed because we had shifted in our sleep. And while I was dressed in a short white dress, Max was naked. I refrained from looking though, but couldn't help the blush that reached my cheeks.

"Max." I nudged him awake. He stirred a little but didn't wake up. "Max." Finally he fluttered his eyes opened and looked at me surprised.

"We shifted?" He asked still sleepily.

"Yes. Now that's not the point. I heard something rustle in the forest." I said as calmly as possible.

"It's probably a squirrel princess don't worry." He said as he closed his eyes again.

I then heard the sound again.

"Max." I pleaded and shook him awake more forcefully.

"What? What? Princess it's nothing." He said opening his eyes again.

"Please can you just check it out?" I asked worriedly.

"Okay. Anything for you." He said and got up.

I covered my eyes so I didn't see things my innocent eyes did not yet want to see, and I heard him chuckle.

"You're gonna see it at some point sweetheart." He joked.

And then he shifted into his wolf form.

Stay here while I check it out. Max said through the mind link.

"Okay." I spoke aloud.

I sat and waited for 20 minutes and I knew something must be wrong. He should be back by now.

I got up and shifted and started to smell my way around for his scent. I instantly smelled his smoky earthy scent, and followed it. It led me next to a river and I heard voices talking.

I shifted and hid behind a tree and listened in on the conversation. It was obvious that one of the voices was Max's but I didn't know who the other one was.

"We know you have the white wolf." The mysterious man said.

"Even if we did why do you care?" Max said in his strong Alpha tone that he never used in front of me unless we were with the pack.

"She is important to us." Is all he said.

Why would they need a white wolf?

Um Charity... I might not have told you everything yet. Hope spoke through my head.

What do you mean? I asked.

I didn't want to pin everything on you at once when you first shifted, but you actually have other abilities... abilities besides changing into white clothes and never hurting anyone...

What other abilities? I asked confused.

Well... for starters... you have the ability to heal. Hope said.

What? So that guy wants me so I can heal people? I asked.

But before Hope could answer, I was grabbed from behind and he brought me in view of Max and the mystery guy who was a big guy with tattoos all over his arms and a big scar running down his face.

"Who might this be?" The mystery guy asked with a smirk.

"Let her go." Max instantly said.

"Hmm... Grey, do you think we should let her go? She seems pretty important to the big bad Alpha." The mystery guy smirked.

"No I think we should hold onto the pretty little thing." The guy who held me, Grey said.

"I told you let her go!" Max said in his Alpha tone.

But Grey didn't budge. But he should've, cause next thing you know, Max shifted and in seconds mystery guy and Grey were dead. It all happened so fast. One minute I was held hostage and the next, they were dead.

"Are you okay Charity?" Max said holding my face in his hands after he shifted back. He didn't even acknowledge that he was stark naked.

"Yeah. I'm okay. I know why they wanted me though." I said nervously.

"Yeah, to get back at me. Everyone wants to find a chink in my armor since I have the best pack." He said nonchalantly.

"Well yeah, but they wanted me as the white wolf because I can heal wolves. I'm valuable to any pack." I said looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Oh. Healing abilities or not, you would be valuable to any pack with the beautiful attitude you bring." Max said looking at me deep in the eyes.

"Thank you." I then went on my tippy toes and grabbed him by the face and kissed him.

When I released the kiss we remained looking at each other deeply in the eyes.

"That's the best thank you I've ever gotten." Max chuckled.

"You dork. Of course you would say that after we kissed. Now put some clothes on." I said remembering that he indeed still had nothing on.