Chapter Two

Earth, 12 a.m.

Jennie just finished cleaning when the hairs on the back of her neck began standing on end. Like she walked across the carpet with fuzzy socks on. She turned around and looked all around the store; to see if she could explain the feeling. All she saw was the empty parking lot and, of course, her beat-up little, red Toyota Corolla.

She saved for months before buying the little rust heap, but it was one of the few things she truly owned. It was the one thing that was also the most dependable. When it wasn't acting like it had a mind of its own.

Shaking herself slightly, she moved to go behind the counter when she heard a loud zip and pop noise. The sound was like electricity flowing through wires or the crackle of static buildup. It startled her because of how loud it was that she almost didn't notice a bright flash of white light or the opening of a large, pulsing... dare she think of it... portal in her parking lot?

Out walked two large males. One with a silver mohawk and the other with dark, close-cropped hair. They walked side by side in her parking lot heading towards the entrance of her gas station. Jennie was trying to decide if she should run, call the police, or try to lock the door before they could reach it.

The taller of the two males caught her attention though and she was almost positive he was at least 6'7''. His shoulders were broad and he had abs for days on his stomach. He had some really strange, black tribal tattoos on the shaved portion of his head and he wore no shirt. She also noticed there was similar dark, swirling tattoos on his thick arms and sculpted chest. His skin tone was a nice natural tan. As if he spent a lot of time outside.

His face was something most females would drool over and that included her as well. Square jaw, high cheekbones, and full, sinful lips that can drive a female wild. She could feel her temperature rising as she gave him the once over and noticed his attire.

On his feet looked like soft, dark suede leather boots that went about mid-calf. The pants he wore looked loose and comfortable. They appeared to be made out of the same dark material as his boots. They were closer now and she could almost see bits of those same dark tribal tattoos on his lean hips above his low riding pants. Jennie also noticed that his hips were the same tone as the rest of his body and had the strangest urge to lick the tattoos.

I wonder if those tattoos are on just his bite-able hips or maybe all down his legs? Jennie thought a moment before she shook herself out of a stupor. There was no reason to drool over the male right now. She had to either move her body or she was about to find out what kind of... aliens?

"Oh my god! Real fucking aliens," she said panic-stricken before she rushed towards the doors with the intent of locking them.

Ignes noticed the female as soon as he stepped through the portal and was nearly knocked over with shock! The female before him was his true mate! One look and his tattoos were tingling all over. A sign from the Goddess herself that this woman was indeed his and his alone.

She finally turned around and looked in their direction with a surprised look on her appealing face. It was as if she has never seen a portal before in her life. Maybe she hasn't and he had to resist shaking his head at her primitive species. He kept his eyes on his little mate and began noticing all her alluring assets.

Such as the fine details of her long, brown hair and how they were interesting light-colored strands scattered all over. The light inside made those lighter pieces glow with almost a surreal quality. The color of her skin was like the finest honeyed cream. Her frame wasn't too shabby either. What he could see of it in her loose shirt and pants she wore. He hoped she was as lush and curvy as her large breasts were. They were outlined fairly well in her shirt and he had the strangest urge to put his mouth on them.