ten

Somehow Alejandro had convinced Athena to come over to his house to help her learn how to use her phone. Athena, of course, was still nervous about going to his home, even after an hour of knowing that they were heading to his place. She knew that his parents were particularly fond of her and now that she was bringing Drew, she was more nervous than ever.

"Uhm, do you think your parents will appreciate me bringing Drew?" she said as she looked behind to see Drew just sucking on his finger.

"Well there's a first time for everything," he vaguely replied, making Athena shrink into her seat a little more as they drove to his house.

"I don't think your parents like me very much," she replied in all honestly making Alejandro sigh.

"They just need to get used to you and my mother seems to like you though." he reasoned with her.

"What about your father?" she questioned him trying to come up with good scenarios of meeting his parents with her son.

"He'll have to get used to you, you're my friend and he'll just have to accept that." he sighed as he glanced at Athena whose features laced with worry.

"Don't worry Athena, they'll like you and if they don't, then don't worry, what matters is that I like you just the way you are," he beamed trying to cheer her up, but that seemed to make Athena feel a little worse. Of course, he meant the statement friendship wise, but Athena couldn't help but feel like it meant something else and blushed furiously as her stomach did flips.

"Um, okay, I guess," she said, trying to convince herself that he totally meant it friendship wise. They were friends and only friends, she knew that, but for some odd reason, she didn't like the thought of being just friends, but ignored it, thinking that she was ridiculous and out of her mind.

Alejandro seemed pleased with her answer and when they finally pulled up in front of his home, Athena felt her stomach knot several times as she took in their house. She felt dirty as they pulled into their driveway, the house was quite big and beautiful and the more she took in the house, the more she felt that she shouldn't be here.

The house was white and a cream colour, large windows seemed to take over the house and little greenery was around the whole entire area. The driveway was made with pavements and the whole house seemed to made from expensive bricks and wood. From the outside, it looked like it belonged to a celebrity and probably it was the same as the inside. No matter how long she looked at the house, she didn't feel right and felt off about the whole thing.

 No matter how long she looked at the house, she didn't feel right and felt off about the whole thing

She suddenly felt self-conscious, she was only in a simple outfit and her hair in a messy bun. She wore no make-up and everything she had on was from the thrift store. She knew she was not very financially stable and she knew how judgemental his parents were. Alejandro shouldn't be seen with someone like her and thought clouded her mind and anxiety had seeped its way into her body. She closed her eyes for a couple of seconds, trying to reassure herself that she was okay and that she could do this. Athena had dealt with things like this before and she knew she could do this, but for some reason, meeting Alejandro's parents for the second time had made her feel uneasy and she didn't like the feeling.