Chapter 1: Hired

New Story! This one I'm trying to go with a original story line compared to my usual stories.

Please tell me what you think!

(Updates will be slower until Dangerous Kiss is finished!)

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scolding hot tea with one sugar cube melted down her throat like the glorious heat of the summer sun. It was a beautiful perfect-weathered day. Not too hot, not too cold, and with a cooled wind blowing from the north-west where the ocean was located.

Ah. Yes. The weather was perfect here. A sea of emerald stretched out before her line of vision as the town of Fairytale was spread out in front. Hills rolled through the pointy land where high castles glimmered in the golden sunlight like fireflies in the day time.

Catherine took another sip.

This was truly the best coffee shop around and it was at the very edge of town on the tallest hill on the longest street. It was one of the few with a view like this. Miles and miles of trees with strong purple mountains in the distance covered in specks of white magic. In the other distance, the endless bubbling world of the sea. However, straight ahead, was the blooming town filled with creatures from all tales. Stone pathways with beautiful scenery decorated the happy place as people visited the market place, the castles connected to the road, went shopping, or just went to walk around the beautiful town.

Catherine took another happy sip. Yes, a beautiful place.

Another case... finished.

She felt damn proud.

The birds chirped in the distance of Fairytale Boulevard as people clamored to and fro. None of them knew her but they would know what she did tomorrow in the papers.

"Catherine, would you like anything else this morning?" A waiter came up to her. Catherine beamed her beautiful smile, "No. Thank you Danny. This is fine." Danny bowed and left without another word.

Catherine (Nolastname) was known by everyone in this town. It was strange. This town housed the most popular fairytale creatures of the land and was known to be the most beautiful but yet, it was the least populated. Many tourists, yes, but residents? No.

"I am sorry sir, but all of the seats are currently full." A waiter tried to soothe a very red man. "But I was promised an empty bar at this time in the morning by the hotel staff!" The man barked condescendingly.

Danny came rushing over. "Sir! The bar is empty." He gestured toward the bar inside, "But none of our tables are available."

"BUT I WAS PROMSIED A TABLE!" The man roared, catching some of the attentions of the peaceful patrons.

"Sir. We cannot take responsibility for the hotel's promises that we could never keep. I apologize. Do you want me to place you in the next available table?"

"NO! I AM RUNNING LATE! NOW GIVE ME ONE NOW!"

"Sir! We have none available!"

"How about that one?" The growling man point to where Catherine was sitting. She raised a single eyebrow and kept sipping her tea, curious to see where this would go. She did not hide her gaze upon the situation.

"I'm sorry?" The waiter next to Danny was baffled.

The snarling man shoved past the waiters and stomped through the patrons who were now curiously gazing at the man, over to Catherine's table.