CHAPTER 7

"Too easy," Dan gloated, wiping his thump over his nose once and placed a smirk on his face.

Runo and Tiana eagerly ran over to the two boys, wanting to know how the battle went.

"Come on! So, tell us, guys. Did you win?" Runo asked curiously.

"Judging by that smirk on your face, I take it as a yes," Tiana observed with a small smile on her lips.

"Hmm," Dan hummed and nodded slightly.

"I know you love the game, girls," Marucho addressed Jenny and Jewls. "But if you ask me, battling for that creep Masquerade is not the smartest thing in the world to do...but then again, if you ever want to hook up..."

Marucho was interrupted when Jewls called out, "Who cares about Mascara when there's two hunky homeboys like you to battle!" Tiana laughed at her statement.

"Yo, yo girl. We've gotta roll!" Jenny informed her co-singer.

Jewls let out a gasp as she remembered something. "That's right! I completely forgot all about it!"

"We've got a show tonight!" They said in unison, facing each other. They started to run towards the doorway, yelling, "Super Sync Sound rocks!" They dropped their shooters before calling out, "See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!"

"I fully realize my understanding of your language is limited," Drago began. "However, I do believe the word for those two would be 'flakes'." Tiana let out another laugh at the Bakugan's innocence.

"But they were mildly amusing creatures, to say the least, Drago," Tigrerra added.

"What concerns me is the one you call 'Masquerade'." The Pyrus Bakugan said.

"Well, if you ask me, I say we challenge that varmint to a showdown," Preyas said, doing a weird announcer accent.

"If the people Masquerade sends after us are this powerful, I do not want to imagine how powerful he could be. We aren't strong enough," Nemr reasoned.

"Well, Drago...What do you think?" Dan asked his Bakugan.

°°°

"Come on you guys, spill!" Julie urged, her chat box on Marucho's jumbo-screen along with Alice's. The group had gone back to Marucho's computer room at Drago's request, saying her needed to speak with all of them.

"I believe now is the right time for me to explain about the universe I come from," Drago spoke up.

"You mean Vestroia, right?" Dan asked.

"The place where all Bakugan come from," Runo added.

"That is correct," Drago confirmed. "Vestroia is a dimension comprised of six attribute worlds. You humans would know them better as fire, earth, light, the dark side, water and wind.

"In the very center of our universe there are two opposing cores. Infinite - the source of all positive energy - and the Silent core – the source of all negative energy. These two opposing forces maintain the equilibrium of out dimension.

"But there was one rough Bakugan who, in his lust for control, schemed to seize all of the power for himself. This had never happened in our universe before. His name was Naga and his mission was to penetrate the core and seize the power but this had never been done before.

"Somehow, however, he didn't succeed and released all the negative energy. It has affected us and now it has spilled into your world."

"And everyone didn't live happily ever after. And that's it. Bye bye," Preyas cut in. Everyone let out a gasp.