8.

As I walked to my next class and Amal to his, he tried to start some small talk with me. He asked me how my day was going, and things like that. To which I responded with silence, I really did not want to talk to him whatsoever. 

As I drug, him to his last hour, which was also mine. I noticed that we had a sub, which was never good thing. Chances were he'd pronounce half the kids names wrong and there was a 100% chance he'd pronounce mine wrong. 

The sub wrote his name on the board, which was Mr. Peters a.k.a one of the most common names in existence, and then he started the long process of seeing who was here. 

"Lynn Alalan?"

"Present!" she said in ever happy voice that never seemed to get sad or any other emotion besides great joy.

"Dan Brown?" 

"Here" A very emo looking kid, with matted black hair responded. 

"Valene Carter?"

"Here"

The list continued until he got to my name .

"Jamile Jabre? " He asked questioningly, watching as the class grew into loud laughter. 

"Jamilia Jabar is how you pronounce it, and yeah I'm here."

"Thank you, Jamile" I watched him turn and imagined me going up ahead of him and getting to his face and slapping it. However, I knew that wouldn't happen since I was not that bold and I didn't want to be expelled. 

That was the worst sub, we had ever had. He never called me the right name, and he said it about 9 times. So, I was Jamile that class period.

Amal caught back up with me and asked if I could help him find his locker. "Did you pay for a locker?" I asked as nicely as I could have managed in that exact moment.

I led him back to his locker and went home.

Man, that was not a good day.