A Surprise Find

"We have found it Lord Megatron." Starscream announced smugly as he strolled in before his master, followed closely by two Decepticons carrying a cargo.

"Excellent." Megatron bellowed and stood from his throne, eying the cargo with great desire. "And is it still online?"

"It is currently still in stasis." Starscream replied, running his nimble fingers over the cargo's brittle metal. It was a silver pod, around the size of a mini and Cybertronian in origin. "Once Knockout arrives back he can reactivate it." 

Megatron gave a toothy grin. "My plan is falling into place. Once I bend this asset to my will, Optimus Prime's demise will be upon him."

Starscream chuckled. "Soon the Autobots will be destroyed."

"Autobots!" Voices called out suddenly in mass. "They're attacking!" 

Megatron growled in frustration. "Hold them back!" He pointed at the pod."Transport this. Prime must not know what lies within." 

Immediately more troops flooded into the chamber and took strategic positions around the prize while others prepared to lift it. Starscream departed swiftly as soon as the gunfire grew close, but Megatron stood his ground.

The doors flew of their hinges and Optimus stormed in, Bumblebee and Arcee following for backup. All guns were on the Decepticon's malicious leader.

"Optimus." Megatron began in sarcastic greeting, standing firm beside the pod. "Such a pleasure to see you again."

"It's over Megatron. Surrender the relic." Optimus said warningly, his blasters following his adversary's movements. But his words triggered only laughter.

"Oh Optimus, so much you don't know. This isn't any old 'relic'." He spat and motioned for the 'Cons to move the pod. 

"What do you mean?" Optimus demanded in confusion and edged closer to the prize, only to be fired upon by it's guards.

"Sadly, you'll never know." Megatron growled and grabbed the pod himself before bolting. 

Prime fought through the masses of 'Cons and struggled forward. "Autobots, retrieve the relic!"

::On it:: Bee buzzed and raced after him, Arcee followed as fast as she was able. The scout dodged laser bolts and gained on Megatron quickly. He knew of course, for he spun around, holding the pod in one hand and transforming the other into a blaster - which pointed straight at the pod.

"Take one more step and I will destroy it." Megatron hissed, the weapon firing up. Bumblebee held his own weapon up and didn't flinch. Neither moved, not until Bulkhead snuck up on Megatron from behind and tackled him, sending the pod flying. 

Fortunately, Bee was close enough to lunge forward and catch it without harming it. Bulk gave a sigh of relief, as did Optimus when he approached.

"Good work Bumblebee." He said in congratulations and pressed a metal finger to his helm. "Ratchet, bridge us back."

"This isn't over Prime!" Megatron hissed from under Bulkhead's restraint as the groundbridge swirled open before them. Optimus glanced briefly back at him, then ushered Bee and the others through to base.

"PRIME!" He screamed as the bridge closed, with his prize in the hands of those he intended it to destroy.

--

Bumblebee came through first, cradling the pod carefully in his servos. Optimus, Bulkhead and Arcee followed moments later. Bee took the pod straight to a waiting Ratchet.

"Bulkhead!" Miko cried in delight and ran to her guardian, hugging his leg. "Did you smash the 'Cons to pieces?"

"Actually Bumblebee was the one who saved the day." Arcee dropped in. "He retrieved the relic from Megatron."

"By the All Spark!" Ratchet exclaimed suddenly and drew in everyone's attention and curiosity.

"What is it 'Rach?" Rafael asked and stood on his tiptoes to see better.

Ratchet looked from the scanner's monitor, then back down at the pod resting on the table before him. "This is no Cybertronian relic. It's an escape pod. A sparkling escape pod."