Beep Beep!

[Music - Beep Beep by Little Mix. It'll make sense once you read to the end 😜]

--

Soon after Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Arcee arrived back to base with their human charges. All 3 kids disembarked quickly and raced over to where Ratchet and Comet where sat on the ground. Comet was 'painting' on a metal slab (or rather splatting white and red paint blobs on his 'canvas') while his Sire observed with interest.

"Hey Ratchet." Raf said and plopped himself down next to them.

"How's it going Papa Ratchet?" Miko added and skidded to a stop beside Comet.

"Papa?" Ratchet queried with a frown.

"You know? Pops? Daddy? Father?" Miko said.

Ratchet figured out what she meant. "The Cybertronian term for 'father' is 'Sire'."

"I know." Miko replied plainly. "But 'Papa Ratchet' sounds cool."

Ratchet frowned a little until Comet tapped his arm. He looked down to see his sparkling holding up the metal slab while beaming with pride. His 'painting' consisted of a large white blob with red bits that was meant to be Ratchet, and a little orange blob that represented him next to it. Comet pointed at the white blob and smiled. "Sire."

Ratchet's frown curved into a touched smile and he took the picture from him. "Oh Comet, thank you."

"You named him 'Comet'?" Miko said, almost whining. "I thought you were gonna name him something cool like 'Flamethrower' or 'Firestorm'."

"No, I didn't name him, Miko." Ratchet began. "Comet it seems was his original name. It wouldn't be right to change it."

"M-Miko?" Comet asked from his place beside his Sire.

Miko smirked. "Yep that's me!"

At this point Bumblebee came over once he heard Comet was learning names. He wanted to make sure he got his right.

::Hey Comet!:: Bee buzzed and whirled while kneeling beside him. ::Say 'Bumblebee'::

Comet blinked in confusion and remained silent.

Bee tried again. ::Bee::

Of course, due to Bee's broken voice box, the words came out as beeps. At this age Comet couldn't understand him, all he heard was Bee's beeps.

Comet looked up at Bee inquisitively and smiled. "Beep Beep."

Bumblebee shook his head. ::Bee::

"There's no point arguing with him Bumblebee." Ratchet said with a small, humoured smirk. "If he thinks your name is 'Beep Beep' you won't be able to convince him otherwise."

Bumblebee sighed in defeat and didn't notice when Comet crawled over to him and hugged his leg. "Beep Beep!"

Bee smirked and pulled the sparkling into a hug after wanting to since he'd arrived. ::Fine, I guess my name is now 'Beep Beep'::