Epilogue

Shortly after the battle on Moon Base 0-1 had ended, GDF stations everywhere had reported what appeared to be simultaneous disappearances of every single Quantum Drive that had been created thus far, as well as any schematics, data, or ways to create them. Also, the Tablet, the artifact that had started it all, had apparently disintegrated when it was being studied in the laboratory. One scientist claimed that it had simply crumbled into dust. Also, every Resistance and GDF ship had shut off, losing any capabilities of being a warship, and all of them were simply reduced to carriers. With this, and the GDF Council receiving word of the High Monarch's death on Moon Base 0-1, the leaders of both parties met up with each other on neutral ground, and began to draw up terms for unconditional surrenders on both sides. Many people wondered why that this sudden change was happening so fast, especially after the growing conflict, but many of the GDF and Resistance leaders suddenly found themselves coming to the realization that it was the right thing to do. The galaxy officially ended it's war with itself, and the stars were quiet once again. 

The water was cold and refreshing, and Andress dipped her hand in it. The ocean hadn't been there since the last time they had gotten here, but she didn't care. The planet was growing nicely, and soon colonies would be able to flock here, without the use of terraforming. She looked at her right hand, now fully grown once again herself. She had taken a while to get used to it, but it was worth it. "Going for a late-night swim?" Andress turned around and saw Nolun standing on the beach behind her, a smile on his face. She returned it and walked up to him. "Nah. Just admiring what you did." He held her by her waist and looked down at her. "Yeah. I did make a pretty nice planet, didn't I?" Andress smiled and kissed him, then rested her head on his chest. "It's a good facelift from the desert it was before." Nolun held Andress close to him. "Hey, I finally thought of a name for it. Elementum." Andress looked up at him, a bit confused. "Mind explaining in English?" Nolun kissed her forehead. "It's from an old Earth language. It means beginning." Andress playfully rolled her eyes. "Look at you, Treasure Boy." Nolun looked at her. "I'm not that anymore. Like you're not a Captain." Andress laughed. "I can captain you any day. And who knows? It's kinda starting to grow on me." She winked at him, and Nolun laughed. They both turned and looked at the sunrise. "We should be getting back. Bunker's got the Renegade II all set to go." Andress moved next to him and interlaced their fingers. "Can we stay a few more minutes?" Nolun looked at her, and smiled. "You got it." They stood together, hand in hand, as the dawn of a brave new world began.

THE END