10th Chapter

"Hello, princess." I was woken up by this. That's when I realize that Forest slept here. And he took my glasses off. My glasses is the only thing that makes me kind-of pretty... So that's why he didn't call me 'sleeping beauty' now. Because I'm not beautiful. When am I ever?

"Hey, what time is it? Shouldn't you go home?"

"No, my parents treat me as if I'm 18. Free to do whatever. Just with permission. So I told them that I'm sleeping over. Oh, and it's nine... thirty-four."

"What?! You're sleeping over?" I stand up to realize that he's cooking adobo, a Filipino dish. "And you're cooking?!"

"Yeah," he approves.

"How did you find the ingredients?"

"I scavenged."

"You scavenged?"

"Yeah. Got all ingredients."

"Where're my glasses?" I squint my eyes trying to make sense of my vision. Though, my eyelashes make it a little not right(**Trinity, song).

"There." He points to the side table where my glasses are.

"I looked terrible, right?"

"Huh?" I put my hand on my hips.

"Without my glasses. I look uglier than when I do have my glasses."

"No, you don't." I go closer to him and take my recently placed-on glasses off.

"I look horrifying." He turns the stove off and comes close to me.

"You look beaut-" He stops, remembering that I don't like complements. "No you don't."

"Thanks for acknowledging my loathe of complements." Then he kisses me. He holds the back of my head to pull me in. I rest my hand on his chest. After a minute,  I pull back, blushing.

"So... are we some kind of couple?" He asks, raising an eye brow. My face is in shock. This is why I didn't want to tell him I liked him. I don't want to date.

"I'm-I'm sorry... but-"

"Oh..." I think he remembers our talk from way back in 7th grade. I don't want a relationship. "Well... we can be like... just... kissing friends?"

"Kissing friends," I agree, mostly as a joke.

We eat the dinner he prepared for us.

For the rest of the night, we watch Saturday Night Live. We, also, didn't kiss or make-out for the rest of the day. Good. I don't want this "kissing friend" relationship to just be "kissing".

-

I didn't realize I slept because the next thing I know is Forest waking me up. I ask him the time. 11:46 a.m.

"We can watch Divergent at 2:30."

"Oh, okay. I'll go take a bath."

"Okay."

I wash and everything. I blow dry my hair and put my clothes on. I wear a beige oversized men sweater(my brother's) and black skinny jeans. Also, I wear my brown leather Oxford shoes. When I get downstairs, I see him prepared with his red jeans, dark green and black vans, and a dark grey oversized hoodie.

"So casual," he smiled at me.

"Did you even take a bath?" I ask.

"Yeah, before you woke up."

"Sure. Okay. Let's go, then," I open the house door for him.

"I'll drive. We'll use my car." He unlocks his BMW and we jump in.